Headlight Dramas

Digital Mouth

Different brand or different wattage perhaps. The fog light bulb is the same as the low beam on the Boxster. So you can swap them for the moment. Which one is yellow? The old one or the new one?

It's not the wattage it's the colour temperature. My guess is PO changed both globes to a white Type globe and you have replaced  it with a standard globe. You can either buy another std globe or get a set of white globes and have a spare but if you don't know colour temp then new white globe may not be exactly the same.

Personally I would buy a set of white *daylight* type bulbs and if not a perfect match replace both. The *daylight* type globes are meant to cast light that is similar to daylight and so are easy on the eyes and may reduce fatigue. Not sure how true that is but it makes sense.

peace

Cyberpunky

It's not the wattage it's the colour temperature. My guess is PO changed both globes to a white Type globe and you have replaced  it with a standard globe. You can either buy another std globe or get a set of white globes and have a spare but if you don't know colour temp then new white globe may not be exactly the same.

Personally I would buy a set of white *daylight* type bulbs and if not a perfect match replace both. The *daylight* type globes are meant to cast light that is similar to daylight and so are easy on the eyes and may reduce fatigue. Not sure how true that is but it makes sense.

peace

Cyberpunky

This is spot on.

Archived