Wiggle room for a new P-car

chylld

Not sure if this is a forbidden topic; looking to call on the experience here for an idea of the wiggle room dealers give with a new car.

I've purchased several new cars before and paid anything from 15% under the asking price to 5% over (that was a stupid decision, car turned out to be a lemon too but I digress). New Macan with about 20% value in options (might give some pricing flexibility?) or will it be in such high demand that they may not budge?

That's a tough one with such a new model.

Sometimes with new cars they want to get a few out there so people see them and it draws interest, in these cases they can be a bit more accommodating. Other times if they are hard to get then they will be reluctant to deal too much.

The only real success I've had has been to have a few dealers on the go for the same car and compare what their best is to get an idea of how much there is as far as movement in the price. I live in Canberra and purchased my last two new cars one from Sydney and the other from Adelaide (Saved $9K on that deal), so it can really be worth going interstate.

I guess that's going to depend on the dealers house policies... My guess is some will ask full sticker, others will be willing to talk?

I guess that's is why I am kind of reluctant to put $$$$ down for Macan till full pricing and options are available.

I guess that's is why I am kind of reluctant to put $$$$ down for Macan till full pricing and options are available.

I'm not sure what the order will be, but so far the EOI deposit just reserves a place in line and is refundable until pricing and options are announced, then if we'd like to continue further, more deposit and locked in. At that point I'd really want to be speccing the car up, not interested in throwing a few thousand more in without knowing the scope for customisation. Cruise control and floormats at a ridiculously bare minimum (I have been playing with the UK configurator and they're not standard over there)

Archived