Suggestions please

Cybertrack

Welcome aboard David!

As for the tyres... this is where the community needs to step forward,

on older cars, I've found Bridgestone Potenzas to be great as road tires (and track actually) however best a 996 member offers a suggestion here...

:)

Hi David,

I have a 964 C4 and have used Yokohama Advans and Michelin Pilot Precedas and I'm happy with both tyres - their both very good tyres at a reasonable price. I replaced the Yokohamas with the Michelins (255/40ZR17) 12 months ago at a cost of $480 each. Yokohamas are competitively priced and now have the Advan Sport V103 on the market which are supposed to be very good.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Raf

• 1 month later...

Hi David - If you were here in Melbourne I would recommend you just call Traction Tyre & Suspension Centre (03)9764 2811. They are sponsors of the Porsche Club of Victoria and the local Yokohama racing & high performance tyre distributor, do really good deals for members and won't let you drive off with any rubbish on your Porsche (suggest you look up the Yokohama equivalent in Canberra or Sydney). If you want the best performance at a reasonable price you can't go past Yokohama - either their ADVAN Sport (top road tyre) or their ADVAN NEOVA AD08 (top road tyre & reasonable for the odd track day). If money is tight, the best bang for your buck is the TOYO PROXES TR1 (I ran these on a 930 during a Tassie tour which included some Targa stages and even quick laps of the Simmons Plains circuit and was impressed by their all round performance for the price). Regards Michael

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

on older cars, I've found Bridgestone Potenzas to be great as road tires

Hi Kerry.

Who do you get your Bridgestone's from?

Cheers. Glenn.

Call Mark or Paul Donnellan the Tyremen Doncaster for Bridgestone,they give good advice on Porsche and will probably ship for a good price.

Cheers, Mark.

Call Mark or Paul Donnellan the Tyremen Doncaster for Bridgestone,they give good advice on Porsche and will probably ship for a good price.

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks for that Mark.

I ended up going to Bridgestone in Bridge Rd Richmond last Wednesday. Not sure if I got a good price but the service was certainly prompt and friendly. I had RE002's put on all round and am pretty happy with them so far.

Regards, Glenn.

Archived