Seeking 911 genuine wide body Carrera coupe

Team

I would very much appreciate your eyes and ears to uncover a genuine 1985-1989 factory wide body coupe.

I know that there are a few cars out there with owners that keep one eye out on that elusive upgrade to the next unobtainable p car. If you have a mate or acquaintance in this category I am a serious buyer not a tyre kicker and keen to chat.

Requirements:

Factory option 491 wide body

Manual

Coupe (not targa or convertible)

Australian delivered

Enough supporting documentation to identify as genuine factory wide body beyond doubt

Ability to pass a testing PPI.

I am VIC based and a realistic buyer, I am fussy but understand this is a thirty year old car. This will be my fourth Porsche and like most on the site it will be heading to a fanatical and loving home.

Please feel free to pm me if you have a genuine car at a sensible and realistic price.

There was a really nice dark blue 89 (I think) coupe Aus delivered on carsales a couple of weeks ago.....looked immaculate 200 kays but with recent top end rebuild...looked like the one for sale in WA but better pics...owner was asking $52 I think. If it was as good as the description stated that was a bargain.

It was an '85 G5032. With that one, the WA one and the white one with the gills, that was 3 on the market at the same time, almost unheard of given the lack of numbers. Including mine, I've seen 6 on the market in the last 3 years fitting 550s criteria. Hope you get lucky and one pops up for you quickly.

Re. the dark blue '85, you're probably talking about my new ride :-)

It's my first Porsche, something I've dreamed about since I was a kid in the '80's.  I've always been besotted with the wide-body mid-'80's 911's and (it seems by very good fortune) this car became available at just the right time and location for me.

Good luck with your search!  I absolutely love driving mine - even more than I thought I would.

post-1643-0-83202700-1390477733_thumb.jp

Looked at the white Vic 491 car.

Seller a genuine guy and car in excellent condition and part of collection as represented. Just can't get my mind around those slats in the rear fenders and looked like a re spray with botching on both rear guards in multiple spots.

Not for me so back to the drawing board.

$888 sounds like a lucky number to me!, impossible to resist.

A bit like dating , not all 911s advertised are what appears on the label of the box. A bit of a minefield to dodge through obvious crash damage , re paints, dubious speedos, cars with unexplained nil driving over 10 yr period.

Even for an optimistic guy here stories become harder to believe.

Archived