Daytime running lights

Guest hepkat63

Guest hepkat63

Hi All,

just thought I'd share this for anyone (like me) that wants to have daytime running lights.  Living out in the bush like I do, it is just SO much safer to have your lights on whilst driving on the open rural roads.  I did not want to use my headlights, wanted to use the built in fog lights - which is kind of cool (IMHO).

To do this - simply pull out the No.31 Relay and jumper No.30 to No.87 slot.  I used a fuseable link with spade connectors.  Simple five minute - 20cent job.  Works a treat - fog lights will then come on when you start your car.

I hate to rain on your parade, but be aware that using fog lights while there's no fog is against the law (at least in Queensland but I assume it's the same for every other state)

you'll need to retrofit some real DRL's or drive around with parkers or headlights on

Fog lights may only be used when adverse weather conditions, such as fog or heavy rain, reduce visibility.

The use of front or rear fog lights in clear conditions (day or night) is a fineable offence.

Traffic Operations Road Use Management – Road Rules Regulation 2009

I hate to rain on your parade, but be aware that using fog lights while there's no fog is against the law (at least in Queensland but I assume it's the same for every other state)

you'll need to retrofit some real DRL's or drive around with parkers or headlights on

Same goes with Victoria.

I also cannot stand idiots who run the rear fog lights while driving at night. They bloody hurt your eyes!!!

Archived