964/4 manual

Good evening gentlemen

I am hoping to get some advice on a pending purchase as I've found what I think is a good example of a 964.

Can I please get some feedback on the positives/ negatives of this model.

It will be used as a regular drive and weekend No track intended

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Regards Hughesy

Welcome aboard Hughesy!  What an awesome choice the 964 is. 

There's lots of info on the internet about this very car, it would be a good idea for you to do some searches and read up on this car. Not that I'm being lazy or fobbing you off, it's just that people have already posted much about these cars online and you'll probably learn more from looking up many different posts in many different places.

The most obvious thing for me to advise you is make sure you get a pre purchase inspection done. These cars can cause a world of pain and not just financial pain if you buy the wrong car.  Sorry, if that was already a given for you - but I just had to mention it.  I learnt this by having a PPI done on a car I nearly bought - in the end I went for something a bit newer as the maintenance was a bit scary for me.

Either way it goes, you pay via depreciation or via maintaining the car!

Adrian Crawford writes some great buyers guides for these cars.  

Here's a little vid he did on the 964 C4

Total 911 Article - http://www.total911.com/back-issues/6046/

Tony Davies buying guide  - I haven't read this, just found it

Rennlist thread - buying a 964

Rennlist search on buying a 964 - https://www.google.com.au/search?q=buying+a+964+porsche+site:forums.rennlist.com&espv=210&es_sm=93

Thanks for the above information really appreciate it,,

I will definitely be getting a prepurchase inspection but was just interested in other peoples thoughts on this particular model

Thank U again regards Hughesy

Archived