944 Sun Roof

Foyley

Does anyone have for sale a complete sunroof for a 944? I am going to repaint mine and want to fit a sun roof so im happy to do a little cut and shut on my roof! ill need the lining as well!

Do not recommend fitting a sunroof. The motor is in the back of the boot and has shafts running to the roof spinning gears. And if you cut the roof, you actually weaken it as the factory sunroof roof has more support and bracing in them. 

sunroof delete cars as they are known, are extremely rare. Less than 5% I think. I had no idea when I bought mine either and almost didn't go and see it because the ad said it had a sunroof. Turns out I could have spent years looking for one but I just lucked out.

There are guys in the states who have welded a sunroof delete onto a sun roofed car but I don't think anyone has put a sunroof in a delete car lol

Ok team what am i missing here? I have a delete car as you call it and adding a sun roof does not make sense to you guys? As Pauline would say "Please explain"

Im wanting to add a roof for looks and function! but given the responses here everyone is saying no! ive had many cars with sun roofs with no issues so please tell me why all seem against the idea?

Hi Foyley,

Apart from the engineering aspects as mentioned earlier 1. It adds weight 2. Less headroom 3. Plastic gears wear 4. Syncing of mechanics difficult with installation of extra wiring,brackets,cable and switches 5. Lining needs certain support wires 6. opens only 6 inches at rear unless removed and then you have to store.

My car has one but I just open both windows.

Plus there is value depreciation. 

If you decide to go that way I have most needed items.

Cheers,Mark.

The sunroof cars are not just cars with a hole cut in them, they are heavily engineered to have it. Not having the sunroof ie a delete car is very rare, and as they are lighter and also most sunroof cars are now having issues with the sunroof, the delete cars are more sought after. It's a bit like saying you want to repaint the Mona-Lisa's hair blond or eating at a 3 hatted restaurant and then covering meal with tomato sauce. You have something special, even if you don't appreciate it, we do and so thats why we are saying don't go there. It's your car so you can do what you like but as ppl who know these cars we are collectively saying please don't, as you will ruin something special

peace

Archived