Motorclassica 2010 - for those who couldn't make it...

Kerry

Hi All,

AnneMaree and I made a speedy journey through the old Exhibition Buildings on Saturday morning to check it out.

Following are all the quick pics I took (as Doug said in a recent email " ...lots of old men with cameras..." :P:lol: ) and as you can see, my taste is fairly monocular, with a couple of appropriate exceptions!

Of course ALL the cars looked great and were worthy of their own portrait, but as I had a "limited attention span" as company... <_<

You can probably tell which one I like the best! :oB):D

KLP_001423.jpg

KLP_001420.jpg

KLP_001419.jpg

KLP_001418.jpg

KLP_001417.jpg

Nice pics Kez.

I also liked Lindsay Fox's Porche 550, barely visible in the background of your pic with the 4x 356's.

The blue thing in the background? If so, I didn't even notice it! Loads of interesting cars there though weren't there?

Kerry

I agree with all - it was a magificent display.

We could have stayed all day Sunday but the crowds were gathering and a family lunch beckoned.

The sweetheart planted a kiss on Sir Stirling and gave him a hug. He was very gracious.

Congrats to the Websters for their 356s & to Dr Ian for his fine rally 911 & 356.

rEd.

Nice shots Kerry, funny thing.... I have the same shots myself :huh: I met the bloke who owned the 550 that was on the hoist and said 'is that by any chance an original RS550?' to which he replied 'Oh Yes! it is number 400 of the original 90 that were built :lol: !' It was a good day, I liked the Carrera slot car set, I may have to look into a new hobby ;)

'Oh Yes! it is number 400 of the original 90 that were built :lol: !'

Hilarious! :D

Slot cars eh? Have to admit that might that be the first time I started lusting after those 70's racers! Its about the closest I'll get to driving a 917 in the flesh I'd wager. :( I didn't get to spend much time looking at the event, was anyone able to have a go, or was it strictly owners only?

Kerry

Do you know if this event is going to become annual?

They would have to work hard to better themselves.

The intention is to make it an annual event with planning already underway for next year. The challenge will be to find new cars each year with visitors unwilling to pay to see the same cars over and over. There has been some very big money classic car acquisitions that have arrived in Australia very recently so hopefully the organisers can urge them to become involved.

I met the bloke who owned the 550 that was on the hoist and said 'is that by any chance an original RS550?' to which he replied 'Oh Yes! it is number 400 of the original 90 that were built :lol: !'

Had similar thoughts myself about the blue 550, until I saw Lindsays Fox's name plate :o

There has been some very big money classic car acquisitions that have arrived in Australia very recently so hopefully the organisers can urge them to become involved.

No doubt a benefit of the strong Aussie dollar. While some of us can benefit by importing upgrade parts others can buy whole cars.

Archived