Le Mans 24 Hours coverage

myred911

Didn't realise that Porsche were running a v4 motor. Wonder if they can make it competitive.

In the parts that I was watching the Porsche was the fastest car down the main straight and they caught both the Audi and the Toyota, however through the corners they lost more ground then they caught. I think this gives hope that the horsepower is effective. I didn't pay attention to whether the issue in corners was aero or handling but from what I saw I suspect it was a bith of both. The Porsche drivers were also a bit more careful about their car in terms of kerbs etc which cost them a bit in terms of optimal lines. The Audi drivers seemed to be able to take wider lines in some corners s they were less concerned about damaging their cars. This might be an indication of some fragility in the Porsche.

The fact is, Porsche was always going to have a hard time in GT with the 911 RSR.

The 991 has been the fastest car all year and due to another domination at Silverstone they had to add another 55 pounds of weight.

Also, to help the Fez they were allowed some new aero and the Astons a larger fuel tank. The 991 RSR is the best car in the class :)

Its a bit like the V8s, they want to keep everyone in with a chance.

Great job first time out with the 918, for a new car it will only get better.

Cheers.

Archived