Le Mans 24 Hours coverage

myred911

The WEC site does streaming but its a pay for service with a premium for Le Mans coverage or they have a once off Le Mans only subscription as well. The quality is decent and better than the free streaming sites usually.unless you find a great private one listed on reddit.

If you go to the WEC Reddit forum there will be links up to all the free streaming links for each race and also the usual free streaming sites like VIPbox.tv etc will have it.

If you have Foxtel, Speed HD carries all of the WEC races live including Le Mans, The 6 hours of Spa is on this weekend which should be great.

Most of the factory teams have in previous years offered streaming from their sites but I believe that has been stopped with the WEC pay for service this year and they were usually just in car from the teams cars only so good for a view now and again but not to follow the whole race.

Hope this helps

Cheers Al

Good one Al.

We may get this topic covered pretty soon.

I lament the demise of free-to-air coverage of a whole range of sports.

I watched the Bathurst 12HR sitting in McPhillamy Park, the Le Mans radio guys broadcast live over the track PA and live via my iPhone APP.  Worked well until the battery died prematurely.

Cheers

rEd

The radio Le Mans guys are the ones who do the WEC commentary on their website stream.

Personally I'm not a fan of One HD or any of the free to air stations motorsport coverage. I'm quite happy to pay for a decent web stream or paytv for  commercial free race like MotoGp is on Speed HD. 

• 1 month later...

I've been watching the Audi site. 

http://player.gl-systemhaus.de/AUDI/2014/LeMans/

Pretty good commentary and mainly in car footage.

Good stream no cut  outs.

Gave NISMO site a go on Youtube but it was like watching rage with racing cars in the background. Vacuous dollys with useless blokes attempting to impress them.

Dailymotion not live

So Audi for me unless someone has a better idea.

Webber in , heading for a win  :) ???????????????

Yeah, good one Tassie! Like Webber needs any more mozzes, 

He has disappointed so many times. 

The Australian motorsports answer to Greg Norman

Good find Dave, re the Audi coverage. Have been watching it while the change the turbo on what was the

Lead car.

I reckon if webber finishes on the podium that's as good as a win first time out. Great in car camera shots....

I reckon if webber finishes on the podium that's as good as a win first time out. Great in car camera shots....

Chris he has had plenty of sports car miles in his earlier days and he is nearly being lapped by the other Porsche so I'm just preparing myself for the excuse. He always has one

Blaming Mark for this is ridiculous, looks like terminal engine issues.

Jeez FlatSix, do you seriously think that I'm fair dinkun.

Ever heard of the word humour. 

It's only a car race not Iraq.

They will try again and will win but Audi are bloody good at what they do and will take some tossing

You can't deny that Webber has had his fair share of bad luck over the years.

I can't remember a more unlucky front line driver in my 62 years

Jeez FlatSix, do you seriously think that I'm fair dinkun.

Ever heard of the word humour.

It's only a car race not Iraq.

They will try again and will win but Audi are bloody good at what they do and will take some tossing

You can't deny that Webber has had his fair share of bad luck over the years.

I can't remember a more unlucky front line driver in my 62 years

Oh I understand humour, I think you have taken my post too seriously. Just a bit of racing banter. I'm off to go have a cry in the corner now.

Australian former Formula One ace Mark Webber was leading the Le Mans 24 Hours endurance race with just three hours to go before transmission problems forced him out, leaving the road clear for an Audi 1-2 finish.

The lead changed a number of times between Toyota, Porsche and Audi, with Webber's Porsche 919 hybrid tentatively close to the finish line when he was forced to abandon the race.

The win for Audi underlines its domination of Le Mans, this being the fifth successive victory.

The prototype hybrid R18 e-tron quattro car with Frenchman Benot Treluyer, Swiss driver Marcel Fssler and Andre Lotterer of Germany at the wheel, came home ahead of the second Audi, driven by a team led by Danish driver Tom Kristensen.

Third was a Toyota driven by a trio headed by Frenchman Nicolas Lapierre.

It was the German team's 13th win in total, leaving it just three behind Porsche.

Treluyer, Fassler and Lotterer won the race for the third time, following successes in 2011 and 2012, thus denying Kristensen, who already holds the record of nine race wins, the chance to reach an unprecedented double figures.

It was quite a turnaround in fortunes for the Audi teams after they suffered a series of misfortunes.

Kristensen's luck ran out again after he had taken the lead early on Sunday morning when Stephane Sarrazin's Toyota was forced to retire after holding a commanding lead for more than 10 hours, with the two Audis trailing in its wake.

The Toyota spluttered to a halt at the side of the track, victim of an electrical fault in the early hours of Sunday morning.

That handed first place to Treluyer's Audi with a three-lap advantage over its sister car.

But two hours later, the leading Audi was forced to make a long stop for a turbo change, surrendering six laps in the process and Kristensen's Audi, the car that had to be rebuilt after a massive accident during Wednesday's practice session, became the race's fourth leader since the start.

The lead was short-lived, however, as the Audi also had to stop for more than a quarter-of-an-hour to change a turbo, a similar fate to that which had befallen Treluyer hours earlier.

Webber then took the lead in his 919 hybrid, and was in the lead with three hours to go before the transmission problems flared up, leaving the way clear for the Audis.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/mark-webber-out-of-le-mans-audi-registers-fifth-successive-win-20140616-zs8qq.html#ixzz34kqmlKye

Archived