What is under the RH seat of my 964?

ctb

I just had new foam put in the two front seats of my '90 964. When I got home from the upholsterer I noticed the rear right-hand tail light was permanently on. I figured it must have had something to do with them removing the seat to redo the foam. After having a look under the seat I noticed there is some sort of control box under the seat with a large connector coming into the front of it. This large connector was a little loose so I pushed it back in harder and the taillight now works correctly. There was also two other connectors under the seat so I thought one of them had not been connected by the upholsterer but there didn't seem to be a socket for them to connect to.

My questions are:

1) what is the control box under the drivers seat (RHD)?

2) What are the two other connectors that don't appear to be connected to anything (See photo below)?

under_seat.jpg

\\Craig

Do you have a cruise control? If you do it is under the RH seat and is a aluminium and blue box. I think there is also a stereo amp that used to live under there as well. 

An old chip packet?

Dad once pulled out the oldest crustiest looking still wrapped up Mars bar from under the seat of a Ford Landau.  Our family were fighting over who would try it out - ie not to try it out! 

Hi Craig,

if your car is a tiptronic then the control box for it is located under the drivers seat.

The loose sockets are indeed for optional cruise control.

and to add to the banter I found about $40 of notes and coins under my seats when I Cleaned my car after buying...

Archived