Original 1990 964 stereo?

ctb

My 964 had its stereo replaced some time ago before I owned it and I was considering finding an original to put back in the dash. The previous own put in a more modern thing that looks totally out of place and I never turn it on as the music for me is the big 6 cylinder thing behind me. The stereo doesn't even need to work.

Does anyone know what the original stereo was in an Australian delivered 1990 964 OR even better know where I can find one? I am happy to pay for it, not looking for a handout.

Craig

I dont have a 964, but it was probably a "Porsche" branded Eurovox radio cassette, locally supplied, that's what my 928 shipped with; Porsche struggled with Audio in Australian delivered cars in the 80's, ask anyone who worked at Hamiltons and they will tell you story's about the apprentices drilling holes in brand new Porsche's and installing antennas.....  

Ebay is your friend

Truth. Some clown has installed an antenna on my drivers side quarter panel. That's going to take some £££ panel work to fix...

:(

I dont have a 964, but it was probably a "Porsche" branded Eurovox radio cassette, locally supplied, that's what my 928 shipped with; Porsche struggled with Audio in Australian delivered cars in the 80's, ask anyone who worked at Hamiltons and they will tell you story's about the apprentices drilling holes in brand new Porsche's and installing antennas.....

Ebay is your friend

My S4 928 has 3 antennas; the roof bee sting, the front windscreen (embedded antenna) and a rear passenger side antenna (installed by Porsche Australia) and the radio reception is still crap !!!

yeah ,should have a eurovox

many of these  have buttons that have "blistered" over time

hamiltons didn't install the antennas,these were fitted at PCA

the windscreen antennas didn't quite cut it,one of the biggest "deadspots" was in the toorak/south yarra area(where a vast majority of owners lived.)

i remember sticking a round piece of black tape to a ridiculous position on a mudguard and going into the service manager and saying i drilled the antenna hole in the wrong spot

he looked through the window and saw it,the look on his face was priceless :D

Archived