People in SW Vic

Hi Everyone. I live in SW Vic and have just picked up an '84 Carrera (see pic) which I'm pretty happy with. If anyone else is out this way and is interested in catching up for a coffee and chat about cars that would be great. Regards..................post-301-129127474716_thumb.jpg

Hi Glenn,

Congratulations, car looks awesome, a real beauty!

There are a couple of really committed Porsche guys down your way who are members of Porsche Club Of Vic. I think I might have an email address. Get back to you tomorrow if I can.

Enjoy your car and will probably go for a run down the great ocean rd sometime in Jan , will let you know if I do and perhaps we could meet along the way somwhere.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Glenn,

Congratulations, car looks awesome, a real beauty!

There are a couple of really committed Porsche guys down your way who are members of Porsche Club Of Vic. I think I might have an email address. Get back to you tomorrow if I can.

Enjoy your car and will probably go for a run down the great ocean rd sometime in Jan , will let you know if I do and perhaps we could meet along the way somwhere.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your comment. If you could pass on some contacts that would be much appreciated and yes I'd love another excuse for a drive down the coast to catch up sometime.

Regards,

Glenn.

HI Glenn,

You look a bit young to be driving a car like that, insurance premium must be huge.. :lol: . Is the color 'wine red'. Looks great.

Regards

Andy S

Hi Andy,

reaching the pedals is the hardest part :P

Not sure on the exact colour description as I'm no expert. The guy I bought it off called it Ruby Red? I would say he'd know as he's had a lot of Porsches go through his hands.

Thanks and Regards,

Glenn.

Welcome to the forum Glenn.

Great pick up (I am a bit partial to IB's myself ;)

Rather then a SMT maybe we will have to organise a WET (Week End Targa) and we can catch up and you can show us around the roads of SW Vic.

Enjoy the car.

Nice, looks pretty neat and tidy, I'm in the Shop getting my 77 Carrera 3.0 rebuilt but the GOR is about my favorite place in the world, driving, surfing, getting the hell out of Melbourne.

When I'm back on the road it will be my regular drive spot, even considering a move to Geelong, I'll keep you posted when I'm heading down that way and keep a look out for you on the road.....

Cheers

Trav

Nice, looks pretty neat and tidy, I'm in the Shop getting my 77 Carrera 3.0 rebuilt but the GOR is about my favorite place in the world, driving, surfing, getting the hell out of Melbourne.

When I'm back on the road it will be my regular drive spot, even considering a move to Geelong, I'll keep you posted when I'm heading down that way and keep a look out for you on the road.....

Cheers

Trav

Thanks Trav. Hope the rebuild goes well and look forward to hearing from you. By the way I almost bought a 3.0 Carrera myself but didn't quite get there unfortunately - great cars.

Regards,

Glenn.

Welcome to the forum Glenn.

Great pick up (I am a bit partial to IB's myself ;)

Rather then a SMT maybe we will have to organise a WET (Week End Targa) and we can catch up and you can show us around the roads of SW Vic.

Enjoy the car.

Hi Douglas. There's plenty of really good roads around this way besides the GOR. I'm away for a few weeks but am home for most of Jan and could definitely offer some advice on places to check out.

Nice car by the way.

Regards,

Glenn.

Hi Everyone. I live in SW Vic and have just picked up an '84 Carrera (see pic) which I'm pretty happy with. If anyone else is out this way and is interested in catching up for a coffee and chat about cars that would be great. Regards..................post-301-129127474716_thumb.jpg

Hi Glenn,

Great looking car. If this is the one I think it is; it is in sensational condition. HAlf your luck finding one, I am still on the hunt. A couple of suspect ones out there, but I'm sure patience will pay off.

Enjoy,

regards

Peter

Hi Glenn,

Great looking car. If this is the one I think it is; it is in sensational condition. HAlf your luck finding one, I am still on the hunt. A couple of suspect ones out there, but I'm sure patience will pay off.

Enjoy,

regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

thanks for your comment. I was searching in earnest for a car for about 6 weeks only but it was quite an intensive exercise. Looked everywhere. I spent more than I set out to but in the in end I made condition the over-riding factor in deciding on a car and sadly that costs money. Having said that I've got no regrets whatsoever and the car is all it was promised to be. I'm hoping that by being discerning and spending that bit more it will pay off later by way of retained value in the car and hopefully less requirement for crisis maintenance to be carried out.

Hope you find your car soon and look forward to hearing some good stories about it.

Regards,

Glenn.

Hi Peter,

thanks for your comment. I was searching in earnest for a car for about 6 weeks only but it was quite an intensive exercise. Looked everywhere. I spent more than I set out to but in the in end I made condition the over-riding factor in deciding on a car and sadly that costs money. Having said that I've got no regrets whatsoever and the car is all it was promised to be. I'm hoping that by being discerning and spending that bit more it will pay off later by way of retained value in the car and hopefully less requirement for crisis maintenance to be carried out.

Hope you find your car soon and look forward to hearing some good stories about it.

Regards,

Glenn.

Hi Glenn,

I agree totally, its worth the extra to get the right vehicle. I actually started looking for a (shall we say) lesser model; and I think have doubled the budget since.

But I think the key, is to buy what you REALLY want, if possible......funny, my wife will one day regret that slip of the tongue !!

But anyway,am looking forward to enjoying the PCar, joining the club and meeting some like minded folk.

Cheers

Peter

Archived