Post 2009 Boxster/Cayman with old interior?

Arne

Hi all,

I am currently considering getting a second hand auto Boxster or Cayman and as such found this forum (I am located in Brisbane). Hoping somebody here can help me to clarify something:

I understand the cars received a facelift in 2009 which (among other things) added a dual clutch automatic transmission (PDK) and significantly improved the interior. I therefore have limited my search to 2009 models and newer, however I see some cars for sale which are post 2009, listed with a PDK, but seem to have the old interior (noticeable on the steering wheel, audio system, and gear lever). For example:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-2009/SSE-AD-2612315

All other 2009+ cars for sale seem to have the new interior.

I did contact the dealer of the Cayman above, and he did confirm it was a 2009 model with PDK with the old interior (so not an error in photos or details). 

This seems to indicate I cannot assume a 2009/10 PDK model will have the upgraded interior?

Wondering if anybody here can confirm if this is indeed is the case? (I could not find any information online confirming this)

Or am I missing something?

It sounds strange to me that Porsche would do these "half way" upgrades.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Regards,

Arne

Judging by the exterior and interior -they are both Gen 1 cars not Gen 2.

Perhaps some late Gen 1 cars came with PDK.

The Boxster's title description is not accurate - the seller states in the desciption itself that it is a tiptronic auto.

Ive got an 06 Cayman S but it's a tiptronic... thinking of selling it to buy something else.

You are welcome to look at it and drive it since I am in Brisbane also.

Mike.

Thank you very much for the offer, but I am really looking for a newer model.

Archived