Engine just stopped working

pommygeezz

Interesting situation,

Took the car for a run over the westgate and off toward Geelong, came back to Lysterfield washed the car and put in garage..... that was Saturday.

Did not touch car on Sunday.

Went out to the car this morning engine spins over, and it does not fire.

its a 3.2, fuel pump is working

any Ideas and how can I get it fixed relatively quickly without breaking the bank.

HELP PLEASE

Trev

my wife says"check the distributor". If you washed it, there's a good chance there is water or condensation in the distributor cap! Try WD40 or RP7 in the cap and coil and spark plug connections. Oh and petrol level?? You need spark, it's probably not major.

Cheers

Paul M

Hi Trev,

Are you sure its not the DME relay? Thats the most obvious cuase of this type of problem in the 3.2's onwards.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, Not sure where the DME relay is,I did have an auto elec look at it and he thinks it might be the reference sensor, so i have spoken to motion automotive in South Melb and hope to get it in on Thursday, but depends on a bit of space at his work shop, given its now a "pusher" Just peeved at having to get a tow truck.

Anyone heard any thing about Louis at motion automotive?

• 2 weeks later...

at least it will be ready for the January fun run. Looks like Motion Automotive are good, most of the cost is in parts and he found some other issues that he fixed, so whilst a lot of money I think that I can have a level of trouble free for a while.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the fun run in Jan

PS how do I post pics of the beast?

Trev

TG9II

Yeah a win, repairs $200 less that anticipated, car appears to even run better and I have an additional $200 to spend on other "stuff". would not mind some carrera cup wheels, just not sure on the offset

Motion Auto South Melbourne.... top marks

The repair needed, reference sensor, speed sensor, temp sensor, bracket ( original had seized bolts) and some gaskets so most of the cost was parts.

Could be a few things....the DME relay is one thing, also could be the one of three sensors. I had similar similar situatioin some years ago and it was the 'flywheel' sensor....not the real name however I have not my book with me to state the actual title.

Cheers

Chris

Archived