Bluetooth Trouble

Hi all

New first time 911 owner here (not dream'n anymore!).   After a number of months trawling through Carsales.com, developing OCD in the process, I finally made the decision and have a sweet preloved '07 (MY08 if that means anything) Carrera S in my possession.  I've got to know her intimately (according to my wife who has offered to take a pillow and blanket to the garage for me) over the last few days.  So far the car has exceeded my expectations in every regard but the one thing that really bugs me is the installed Bluetooth phone system.  Apparently it is a Viseeo "premium" system but it really sucks.  I can hear the caller but they have trouble hearing me and complain the audio is faint and scratchy - basically useless except for the usual "bring home milk and bread" call.  I understand from the manual it is possible to do a firmware update but it warns that if it is done incorrectly it could render the system inoperable.

Anyone have any ideas if this can be fixed? it'd be a shame to have to install an aftermarket system...

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Not sure about the system that is fitted to your car but I do know that my bosses Prado factory bluetooth won't work with his iPhone 5. Apparently the updated bluetooth on his phone is not suited to the older version bluetooth in the Toyota OEM system. Some backward compatibility issue.

Welcome to the forum by the way. It's a great resource full of experience and nice people. Mostly!

Steve

normally if it's an issue with the Bluetooth connection you'll get missed parts of the conversation (like words missing or like an on/off)

sounds like you've got a microphone issue more than anything - is it an external mic?

the fact that it pairs and actually works is a good sign, might be worth doing the firmware upgrade too (or paying someone to do it so if it goes wrong they have the responsibility of fixing it)

Thanks Steve and Russ. Apparently the system is not factory fitted it's called ViseeO. It works through the PCM but according to Porsche dealer it is not factory and they don't support it. I spoke with the car kit company who were great and thought it sounded like it required a firmware update but they don't undertake such things. Can't seem to find any support for the system in Australia Northfield were very helpful but could not support the system either. Looks like the system is possibly a bit obsolete for the new phones.

Cheers and thanks for the welcome Steve. I'm really enjoying owning a 911. The forum has been a great source of info leading up to the purchase.

Steve

Welcome to the forum Steve.

I'd back Russ on this - I had a similar prob with a TranzitBlu HF bluetooth system and it ended up being the external mic connection to the BT device.  Particularly as you can hear callers ok through the PCM but they cant hear you clearly.  Firmed that up and put the mic in a better position now it's faultless.  

Might see you at a future SMT or something.

I believe I have the same model as you.  No bluetooth however, only the sim-card requiring phone in the PCM.  The Dennison is well regarded as an addition, but it seems to cost about $1500 to have installed.  In the meantime I have used the ($99.00) Jabra on the visor and with its great volume and noise cancelling mike it is just amazing.  It makes you think ...

Archived