What did you buy your Porsche for Christmas?

myred911

This idea came from Rennlist - here is the Oz version.

• The SC is getting a brake overhaul, have just replaced the master cylinder (from Nine Spares), bled the brakes, tested the performance and realised that I had under-performing brakes - mmm. Installing the MC is quite straightforward but can be awkward working in and around the pedal box. You need to be a rubberman.
  • Next job is a brake kit for each caliper. Pelican sell a kit ready-to-go. Well priced, good delivery. The big issue is removing the caliper bolts. I am sure they have not been undone this century. Regular doses of WD-40 over 3 days might help loosen the bolt then I pull out the gas gun. I am hampered at the moment with a gimpy left hand - 65 stitches crocheting a little finger back together is a tad limiting. Long story about that one (involves a bouncer and a girl in a short skirt).
  • The S2 gets a wash and a fondle.

Merry Christmas to all forum members.

rEd

Not a good idea to fondle the bouncer! And a trick when you rebuild the calipers - the new seals will hold the caliper pistons IN, so put the old pads back in, drive the car and jump on the pedal a few times, then instal the new pads.

Merry Christmas, and may the girl in the short skirt be kind to you.

Cheers

Paul M

110 Litre Fuel cell ex the US

Now a full list is being composed to the Minister of "War & Finance" for upgrading as follows;

Brakes

Front - Rear Sway bars

Replacement Hot Air sensor as oper the article in 911& PorscheWorld some 4 months ago

Had great feed back from 2 people who have made that change.....

Merry Christmas to all

Pablo

Not a good idea to fondle the bouncer! And a trick when you rebuild the calipers - the new seals will hold the caliper pistons IN, so put the old pads back in, drive the car and jump on the pedal a few times, then instal the new pads.

Merry Christmas, and may the girl in the short skirt be kind to you.

Cheers

Paul M

Thanks for that Paul. Will give it a go.

rEd

For Kerry and the goulish...

The gimpyness was caused not by something as exotic as a bouncer & a girl in a short skirt but a badly placed toolbox. Its placement coincided with me carrying a pressed tin driptray (read v.sharp edges) after changing oil/filter on the S2. Tripped on a toolbox, gravity took over and I stumbled forward leaning on the driptray which was in my left hand and the sharp edge did the rest. A few *^%#s later and some claret spilled all over.

J was out shopping so headed off to the local clinic who took one look at the digit, the doc sucked in through his teeth and said it was off to Sunshine hospital for me. I drove home packed away all the tools, locked the garage and off to Sunshine hospital in the S2, stopped for fuel/drink/icecream (a good subsitute for lunch) and was being inspected within 5 minutes of arriving. I had claret and engine oil all over my shirt and jeans, the servo attendant was very circumspect when serving me - I could see him thinking "What have I got here!".

4 hours in casualty, X-rayed & checked out by nurses and curious others, jabbed for tetanus and a big dose of antibiotics and the delightful surgeon's verdict was that I needed microsurgery. As I was not about to die I was patched and drugged up, sent home to return the next day (Sunday) for a stitching session. Full anaesthetic, 65 minute stitches, a cast, Panadene Forte and the job was done.

J. thoughtfully took some photos of the mangled mitt. Private viewings arranged.

Still have the cast ( it is a bugger when tYpInG), can still drive the S2 - comes off next week and J & I are off to Mitta Mitta this afternoon. Some great driving road up the Mitta valley. Might come home over the top via Omeo Highway.

For all those out there complaining about the public health system, I have this to say. My treatment was first class I was fixed up by skilled and attentive professionals. There was no wasted resources (ie no overnight stay necessary) and the staff at Sunshine H did a great job under what appears to be difficult circumstances. You should have experienced the attitude that some outpatients displayed to the admin staff. It was embarrassing. Instead of visiting their local doctor for minor ailments they occupy the hospital's casualty section for hours.

That is all.

Happy New Year to you all.

rEd

Hi Andrew,

Yeah tragic, but couldn't you have made something up that included the blonde and the bouncer.

The blonde could have been the treating nurse, and the jealous boyfriend could have been the security guard boyfriend.

I mean the opportunity to gloss that scenario is endless.

Graham Kennedy would have had a field day with it on "Blankety Blanks"

Hope it all comes good for 2011

Dave

Hi one and all,

First up hope every one had a great Christmas and thanks to Kerry and Chris for the well wishes.

Well, thanks to Chris for starting the topic on polish and waxes and Mark for such a detailed reply, i'm much lighter in the wallet after spoiling my ride, Bosch GEX150, Lake country & Festool pads,Auto Glym and Menzerna polish etc.

must say it makes a great difference after practicing on my other vehicles.

Some great looking machines coming up on the forum congratulations to all the new owners "Pommygeezz ,Wide 3.2 etc".

All the best to all for new years eve and 2011.

Cheers

Steve.

Archived