Bilstein Strut Inserts - Import Restricted

I ordered a pair of Bilstein 34 001141 inserts from USA for my 1985 Boge Struts (on my 71E) and was really looking forward to delivery soon. Ordered from PartsContainer on ebay.

I got an email from Paypal saying I got a refund. WTF!!

Apparently delivery got rejected due to import restriction. News to me!!

"We're writing to let you know that your recent purchase of Porsche 911Set of 2 Front Left + Right Strut Inserts Bilstein 34 001141 through the Global Shipping Program couldn't be delivered to you because the parcel contained items that were found to be restricted for import to AU."

I bought them from USA due to saving $230. Quote in Aus was $730 vs about $500 in USA.

Anyone know where to buy them in Aus for reasonable price??

Cheers

try Jason from Paragon in the USofA I have bought Konis from them before - no fuss no hassle. Also at a significant price reduction.

I do know a mate who has original NOS front end that might be for sale - parts locatedi n Canberra

Stan from Performance9 helped me out with Koni shocks at a good price. Nice guy to talk to too.

Finally got the old "spindle raised" boge struts, new shocks, used boxster calipers, new carrera rotors fitted on weekend.

Pedal feel is great and car looks awesome lowered with good shock travel. Not really noticing bump steer.

Archived