Door bin lid covers

baso

So, usual 986 / 996 issue with the door bin lid covers - some of the plastic finish is peeling off. It is not too bad on my car, but I notice it and it is annoying. 

I know there are multiple forum topics on this on 986 forum etc, but would be keen on hearing if anybody here has any bright ideas or experience.

Options I am considering are:

1. Buy some replacement lids same as current. I figure they should last pretty well given the car is not a daily driver, and I never really use the arm rests

2. Look at something like the below:

http://www.classic9leathershop.com/996-986-boxster/door-bin-cover-set-for-porsche-996-and-986-boxster/

Anybody had any experience with the above (leather covered lids from the US)?

Any other suggestions for a non handy person?

Rob Budd (owner of classic 9) is a craftsman and well known in the Porsche community in the USA. I've bought some 928 related items and his craftsmanship can't be faulted. Do your own research on Rennlist but I don't think you will be disappointed. Just factor in some time as he usually makes everything (by hand) to order so it's not an overnight process

Cheers

Dave

Have you spoken to a motor trimmer? My detailer suggested that I talk to one about that same type of issue on the console of the 987 just behind the ashtray. I think the PO wore a watch and rested his arm there and the watch scratched the coating off. One day.....

Archived