Sandown 2014

I went to the V8 race at Sandown on Sunday. We wandered down to Turn 1 for the start of the Porsche Cup race, figuring that's where the action would be...wow! I have never seen a hit that took the engine out of a car! Luckily no-one was hurt. This clip shows it all..

Bloody Hell! I went on Saturday and had a blast with my 2 yo boy. I went mainly for the GT3 and Carrera Cup racing (kind of losing interest in the V8s after being a die hard fan since they started). It was great to have John Morris there in GT3 to finally give us Porsche fans someone to cheer for.

SimonK I love the Porsches but my V8 love has been re-ignited now that Scott McLaughlin is racing. He go-karted with one of my apprentices and house shared with him so I've met him socially a few times. He's a great kid and a fantastic driver, especially in the Volvo. I was one of the thousands on our feet in Adelaide when he came 2nd in front of Whincup in the Volvo's first outing and then dropped the f bomb and the famous Jandal line! Great to see so many kids there on the weekend, that's where the future fans are from.

The introduction of the other manufacturers has been good. I'm a Holden man but have found myself barracking for the new comers for some reason. I think I've just got the shits with the series because of the TV deal next year and their arrogant clash with the Bathurst 12 hour. There's just something not right about how the series is being run at the moment. Plus all the penalties that keep getting dished out that screw up a good race. My prediction is we're going to see a major change in top tier motorsport in Australia in the coming years and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't include V8Supercars.

Archived