Macan Turbo V Cayman GTS????

I drove the Macan turbo and yes,  it certainly did feel like a sports car on stilts. You can feel its 1900+kg bodyweight , and there's no way I'd push this as hard on local roads as I would a Cayman. It's just a matter of physics.

Track tests are all very well but this laboratory is a little artificial for the sort of person purchasing a Macan Turbo.

If I ever I see one at a hillclimb or other non-competitive speed event I may have to rethink.

P.S. one major advantage of a Macan - on a country sweeper or near dusk , a wallaby is less likely to take out your front end.

That sort of scenario does play on my mind and perhaps even influences my driving style in my low cars. 

P.P.S. and the purpose of launch control on the MT is what , exactly?

To give you an advantage during school run traffic light drags of course!

Guy on the Macan forum

i only use my R's launch control when no one's around. you look and sound like an absolute tool if you're sitting at the lights holding high revs

My launch control consists of slipping shifter into 1st & giving it a bit of welly... It's usually "sufficient" , to use Rolls Royce language.

Not that I get drawn into that sort of thing by WRXs and Skylines driven by chaps with rearward facing caps and missing teeth.

Archived