993 C2S Manuals...

Does anyone have any recent information about 993 C2S Manual sales? They are clearly a well sought after model, and although there are several autos on the market, I can't remember seeing a manual any time recently...

Anyone?

Kerry :mellow:

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any recent information about 993 C2S Manual sales? They are clearly a well sought after model, and although there are several autos on the market, I can't remember seeing a manual any time recently...

Anyone?

Hi Kerry good luck with that, i looked for quite a while and in the end I wnet the Tip. I have to say I am not disappointed with it. The 993S is an awesome car and even my wife likes it. She hated the evil 930 I had before!!

Anyone?

Hey Kerry,

Try this one....

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7779861&__Ntt=993&__Qpb=true&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=993&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%201246%204294963765&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&seot=1&__Ntk=CarAll&silo=1011&Cr=3&__Nne=15&trecs=38&__D=993&__sid=1243A7D945EE

Peter.

Hey Kerry,

Try this one....

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7779861&__Ntt=993&__Qpb=true&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=993&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%201246%204294963765&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&seot=1&__Ntk=CarAll&silo=1011&Cr=3&__Nne=15&trecs=38&__D=993&__sid=1243A7D945EE

Peter.

Well spotted Chris, that must have just hit the market in the last day or so...

$135k, what do you think, that must be the top price thus far asked in Australia. Low kms... Black on black....

and you've gotta love that split grill! :D

Kerry

Well spotted Chris, that must have just hit the market in the last day or so...

$135k, what do you think, that must be the top price thus far asked in Australia. Low kms... Black on black....

and you've gotta love that split grill! :D

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

I guess you liked the pic posted in the gallery today.

I've been checking out the market for the last 6 months and Chris's spot is the first 993 C2S manual i have seen.

If it helps, there was a silver 993 C4S on the market a couple of months ago for $130k. The ad only lasted about 2 weeks.

Doug

Hi Doug, they certainly are rare, but as Hung says, at $135k its getting pretty close to 993 Turbo money...

.. ahhhh, the eternal search!

:rolleyes:

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Gee 135K makes the eyes water a bit. The guy I bought mine from was in a bit of Financial trouble so i was able to get him down 25K on his asking price. So hang in there you never know what comes along?

This really is awesome talking to others like this!!

Kindest regards

Chris : :)

• 2 months later...

Hey Kerry,

Are you still searching for the 993 C2S manual? Gone crazy looking? :wacko:

I have not seen any around since your intial post. Would you consider a 993 C4S manual? The C4S has Turbo chassis, brakes, wide body and 18" wheels, but not the split spoiler.

I thought your chances of finding THE car would be better if you cast your net further.

Doug

Are you still searching for the 993 C2S manual? Gone crazy looking? :wacko:

Nah, they're definitely nice cars but I've got to be happy with what I've got at the moment.

Interesting article in one of the pommie PCar mags this month about 996 turbos, and what solid cars they are... hmmmmm % ) NO - STOP IT! "happy with what you've got, happy with ....."

:D:rolleyes:

Kerry

Well Kerry, I have to say that you already have an admirable fleet.

I should also add that in my observations of enthusiasts of this marque there is a noticeable pattern of either car renewing or fleet additions :o

At this point I have to admit I have a vested interest in this discussion having admired the 993 C2S/C4S for some time.

Does anyone have opinions on the relative merits of the 993 C2S Vs C4S? Opinions on pricing of 993 C2S Vs C4S?

Doug

Doug,

I think it is safe to say that both are superb cars, however IMHO the market recognises that the C2S has more collectable/investment potential - last of the classic, straight air cooled 911s, in purest form and all that. Having had discussions with both of the main independant Porsche dealers here in Melbourne, each suggested the C2S instead of the C4S without hesitation when it came to the question of investment potential.

Kerry

Yeah, I agree if you had a choice, than C2S over C4S in terms of greatest investment potential.

But, are you saying a C4S manual does not have investment potential?

Neither appear too often on the market. I see more 993 Turbos and auto C2Ss.

What I am trying to work out is what sort of a discount would be applied to the C4S.

Doug

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I agree if you had a choice, than C2S over C4S in terms of greatest investment potential.

But, are you saying a C4S manual does not have investment potential?

Neither appear too often on the market. I see more 993 Turbos and auto C2Ss.

What I am trying to work out is what sort of a discount would be applied to the C4S.

Doug

Hi Everyone

As I am new to this forum thought I would add my penny's worth.

selling mine to emigrate was the biggest mistake of my life :( But with import tax,duties and luxury car tax along with the shipping cost I felt at the time " I would find a reasonably priced 964 / 993 when I get out here :blink:

Oh for hindsight eh!!!! :huh:

Anyway as my 993 C2S was also manual with factory front and rear turbo s spoilers including if I remember option X10 side turbo s air intakes feel this was the best porsche I have owned, A true drivers car. I'm still trying to come to terms with the second hand porsche prices over here :blink:

Here's a pic of the one that got away ;)

ebaysaleitems145.jpg

Hi Doug

Yes your not wrong :( I can't believe the prices, even some early 74 / 75 era cars which have been, how shall I say done up to look like a dogs dinner are commanding 40k / 50k :blink:

the market here is unreal.

I,m thinking of starting a business to import affordable Porsches to OZ however I guess DOTARS would have something to say :( And poss demand won't be there. I have some good contacts back in the UK but its all about supply demand oh and DOTARS :D

Hi Retro Wizard,

I have often wondered about the worth of importing a PCar from the UK myself...but only for something rare and sort after. I couldn't get the figures to stack up for a business case.

Take the 993 C2S, (tips were all I could find easily)

UK 1997 993 C2S tip, 27k miles (45k kms), sdvertised at GBP 40k (AUD 69k)

OZ 1997 993 C2S tip, 84k kms, advertised at AUD 109k

I thought the shipping, conversion and other costs would quickly gobble up a fair chunk of that AUD 40k difference. And there will always be the price discount associated with selling an import.

I know this will not stop your eyes watering, but the current strength in AUD/GBP is extraordinary at the moment, and long term averages are at about GBP 0.40. At that rate GBP 40k suddenly becomes AUD 100k. Unfortunately you did not pick a good time to come from the UK to Oz in forex terms.

Doug

Hi Retro Wizard,

Great pic of your previous 99S, very nice.

Doug explanation on the whys of the price differences are spot on. The exchange rate has never been stronger than it current is so thats having a big impact on price comparisons.

I stop looking at O/S prices, its just too depressing. :(

Cheers

Chris

Hi Retro Wizard,

Great pic of your previous 99S, very nice.

Doug explanation on the whys of the price differences are spot on. The exchange rate has never been stronger than it current is so thats having a big impact on price comparisons.

I stop looking at O/S prices, its just too depressing. :(

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

Yep I think your spot on, I guess I really need to stop looking at what O/S prices are as it really has no relevance anymore. :D But as my old man has a 993 which has only had one previous owner and only 19k / 32000kms on the clock it can be really hard :blink:

Darren

Archived