Exceptional Customer Service-Pelican Parts

In the past I have not used Pelican Parts (PP) because often the freight costs out weighed the saving on the parts. Many of the parts I order are maintenance items and I do not require them quickly. I now have my parts shipped to friends in the USA, they hold my parts and when asked post them to me.

I answered an online survey from Pelican Parts. One of the questions was about freight charges. I answered the survey as honestly as possible and I gave an example of buying my brake rotors out of the USA and being charged only USD$45 for freight.

Within 1 hour I had an email from Wayne Dempsey (CEO Pelican Parts) asking for more details. He explained some of the difficulties they have with international orders and what they are trying to do about them. Another hour and a customer service rep from PP had also contacted me explaining the situation.

Often when you answer these surveys you wonder, "Does anyone actually read the responses?" PP response to my survey has really impressed me and I am old enough and cynical enough to be very surprised. I have heard it said many times that the internet is killing customer service-not in this case.

Ohh - I also attached the invite to drop into the local Cars and Coffee on this Saturday if Wayne happened to be in the area.

Yep, had a similar experience after a survey, I even received a part refund.

Next order was the same thing even after following their advice to leave a note to ask about freight.

I need new rotors as well and I'm having a hard time finding a good freight option.

I've used PP once. and will use them again.

I don't have an issue with the $50 postage. Because i know how much it can cost getting things sent here. I've had things like turbos, turbo housings, a whole 944 turbo head, chamshafts, and boxes of parts sent to me. 

When ordering from the states, I like to list on things i need and things i will need and the $50 will end up being split amongst all the parts and will equal out cheaper then buying from the over priced dealers here. 

Good to see some follow up to the survey, but i guess it's the outcome from customer feedback that is the real test

However, Until they sort out their freight quote system so that it's easy to use (and correct) when ordering I'll be buying elsewhere

Yep, had a similar experience after a survey, I even received a part refund.

Next order was the same thing even after following their advice to leave a note to ask about freight.

I need new rotors as well and I'm having a hard time finding a good freight option.

send me a PM and i will give you the details where I bought my rotors-986. I am sure they had rotors for a Boxster and freight was under $50

• 2 weeks later...

Yep similar experience here, after doing the survey received a fairly significant refund on the freight they had overcharged. Also explained what they are doing to make the international shipping better. On the other hand I have been getting priceless info from their forum for years now.

Archived