Heading to Tassie

Stew F

We're planning on heading down to Tasmaina at the end of October for a week or so.  I was thinking of taking the 911, which means drive from Adelaide to Melbourne, ferry across, and then spend 7 or 8 days there.  I know a few of you are from the good old Isle of Apples.   What are the must do's, good accommodation spots, etc.  Is it worth splitting the trip up into say east & west.  Do the east this time & the west next time.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

In a week you can circumnavigate for a memorable drive. Go anticlockwise across the top , make sure you get to Strahan and then down to Hobart. Lots to see depending upon your whims. Mona well worth a visit. Then down to the Tasman Peninsula or if you wish , Bruny Island via ferry to the fabulous Wilderness Cruises  Back up the East Coast , stay at Coles Bay and walk over to Wineglass Bay (1 morning). Head up via St Helens and back inland to Launceston and thereafter make your chosen way to Devonport.

So much depends upon your interests , budget , time management. Tourism Tasmania website

Don't forget to call me up when in Hobart!

On the topic, I'm all booked in for tassie around New Year's Eve for about a week. Hobart and strachan mainly. Taswegians, please order up some good weather. Sadly flying in and rental car.

Look me up ; if you have time we can have a little blat  :) regardless of the weather

Archived