Baskerville Historics 2014

tazzieman

I just got back after day 1 and now have to go out to watch my son's metal gig ; anyway a fine day indeed with a  few classic Porsches (911s , 914/6 and 944)  strutting their stuff. Peter Eames raced very smoothly and won his events. I'm going back for day 2 tomorrow.

Just a quick pic of some Eames flammage, changing down before the first corner.

Eames1.jpg

PCT pres John Pooley in his 944 turbo; over 50 years racing experience , also raced his Formula V , not bad for 71 years...

JP1.jpg

Holdens are always popular at these meets , and perpetually requiring attention. I used to have a Holden,  but was always attracted to the reliability of P cars. Invariably,  P car guys check tyre pressures,  get in & drive , come back have a coffee & a relaxed chat - and go back out . No drama, but in some ways drama is what makes these events extra fun  :)

EH.jpg

It's a windy old day today so that will make for a dusty experience when we go out later this morning. My youngest son (15) is an unpaid "pro" photographer so expect some really nice pics! My other son gopro'd JPs 944 race but have to check how much bandwith that will take up ; it's a good viewing though that really shows Baskerville's strengths and quirks.

I remember that track fondly.

Having grown up there, we used to be members of the local car club and would pay $50 to have a full day access to the track (provided it wasnt booked for an event).

We were all into sports bikes at that time... 

The blind corner at the top of the hill is a bit of a favorite!

Archived