Fated...

TwoHeadsTas

Well, before acquiring our 987 Boxster S last December, we can't recall the last time we had a puncture on the road.

Today, on the way back to Launceston from having a service at the dealer in Hobart, my wife had another puncture - the 2nd since owning the car, our first being on the delivery trip from Sydney to Tassie.  Unfortunately, there was no place to safely pull over when the puncture was first detected due to armco close to the roadside, so by the time she was able to pull over, it was yet another f@#$ked tyre.

We think we must be jinxed, and I guess it will be another $600+ for a new Contisport 3 for the rear, the other one only had 10000kms on it  :(

Ah well, the joys of Porsche ownership....

I was driving back from St Helens separately early afternoon and came across a nice little convoy going the other way on the Midland Highway - a silver 996, XF Jag coupe and a black (I think) 911 SC or similar

cheers

Peter

Ah well, the joys of Porsche ownership....

To be fair , those are the $$$ joys of modern low profile wide rubber tyres!

Lucky you don't have a turbo!

Bad luck it happened at all. Lot's of junk on the road these days , stuff rolling off utes and trucks . Roadkill ++ and less tassy devils to eat it up

New tyre arrived and fitted Friday, thanks to Shane & the boys at TyrePower Launceston.

I asked Shane to see if there was any obvious cause for the flat still able to be seen.  He said there was nothing he could see in the tyre, but the valve stem was damaged - seemed to have a split in it.  

Now, I wonder what could have caused that???  Would think it must have been knocked or something, perhaps by a kerb?  BUT, Dianne had picked the car up from the dealer after it's service and driven straight home, so I con't see where she would have had the opportunity to do that, so is it possible it was somehow done by the dealer during the service?  Otherwise, is it something that should have been picked up by them anyway?  Just wondering about having a go at the dealer and asking them to pay for the tyre perhaps???

Peter

Peter

I would have a crack at the dealer, if they had any reason to have touched the wheel in question. I had one that the dealer flipped on to its outer side when the car was serviced, it broke the valve stem, and at the same time, dinged the outer rim. Not a happy day. When I got to the bottom of it, it was the work experience kid who had committed the crime (or so they said). Good luck! 

Archived