Clutch replacement cost

Ten Degrees

Hey,

anyone had a clutch replaced lately?   Mine started slipping yesterday so I'll need to get it done.

Any ideas on what the rough costs should be?   The IMS hasn't been done in my car either so will also get that done at the same time.

Thanks

Tim

Tim,

My 996 had its clutch replaced by Porsche centre Sydney south just before I got it & they charged around $4,000. This was a few years ago though, not sure what an independent would charge, why don't you give Just James a call, he is always helpful. Poor timing on a slipping clutch though, I assume you are at Targa High Country?

Tim,

My 996 had its clutch replaced by Porsche centre Sydney south just before I got it & they charged around $4,000. This was a few years ago though, not sure what an independent would charge, why don't you give Just James a call, he is always helpful. Poor timing on a slipping clutch though, I assume you are at Targa High Country?

Yes, bad timing! Noticed it slipping just as we pulled into Milawa.  That's about the worst possible timing.   I have a boxster for High Country so still having plenty of fun. You're certainly being missed here!  Last minute Matt had to pull out also.  Blood poisoning.

Any thanks Greg. When we get back into Melbourne on Monday I'll ask a few more questions.

Pretty sure they recommend doing the fly wheel as well at the same time.

When i got mine done by an independent it was around $3,500 for oem with oem flywheel or $5,000 for heavy duty sachs clutch with lightened fly wheel.

Because so much of the car is pulled apart anyway its worth doing a major service as it should only cost you parts as most of the labour will already be incurred as part of the clutch.

Archived