poli84

Hmm...Like so?

(with a Rothsport Racing Shifter..)

Nah just a stock shifter with knob like this:

image-19.jpg

confirmed in the affirmative :)

You do have one?

How much are you after for it? 

I hope you won't want it back, at this stage I plan on cutting the knob off and just using the boot...

• 2 weeks later...

robt964-albums-964-refurb-part-v-picture

robt964-albums-964-refurb-part-v-picture

From RL:http://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/744869-964-refurb-35.html

"I cut a carbon plate the same shape as the metal base and put a hole through for the rubber gator to come through. After etching the metal, I sprayed the both parts in the same manner I did the 4-way switch panel. The top edge of the metal base was then finished of with rubber U channel around it. 4 anodized ally bolts hold it down. "

Back on the hunt for a factory 964 shift boot.

Any colour or condition wanted.

Sorry! I dropped the ball on that one

<insert knob gag>

"I cut a carbon plate the same shape as the metal base and put a hole through for the rubber gator to come through. After etching the metal, I sprayed the both parts in the same manner I did the 4-way switch panel. The top edge of the metal base was then finished of with rubber U channel around it. 4 anodized ally bolts hold it down. "

I wonder how he covered the fugly hand brake pulley thingamajig

From RL:http://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/744869-964-refurb-35.html

Thanks T.

I've seen that thread and would love to do something like this but would mean i need to remove the centre console which I am not prepared to do.

As it has proven difficult to find a cup to go around the factory rubber boot (ala Singer), I plan on using a cut down factory leather boot with an exposed steel sleeve and my new black corian knob which is on its way. 

• 6 months later...

Bumping my old thread as I still need an OEM 964 shift boot in any colour or condition.

Any leads?

KGB need not apply with his one made from unobtanium. 

Man up.  It's only money.  

And it's such a beautiful shade of almost black.

I've got one on the way from the UK, a friendly fella on RL.

It will hurt you too much to let you know what I paid but if you feel like some torture, just ask.

Archived