Cayenne S servicing costs?

Devilish

• 3 years later...

Cayennes are generally reliable.

They do use up cardan shafts, but not ridiculously. There is a central support bearing which heads south, and a rubber flex-y coupling disc which can also need replacing from time to time.

Earlier V8's had plastic coolant pipes in the valley of the V which eventually give out, but replacing the plastic pipes with alloy pipes as used on the later cars isn't much of a drama. The only caveat to that is if the starter gets fubar'd by leaking coolant.

Cayennes are big, heavy and fast, which means that they do tend to use up their brakes.

Water pumps and coolant reservoirs need replacing from time to time.

In terms of the volume of parts that I supply for these cars, they seem to be generally reliable.

A minor service will cost in the neighbourhood of $650.

The later the better, I had an early Turbo one and whilst the coolant pipes had been upgraded before i bought it I still stumped up a considerable amount of cash to redo starter motor, gearbox valve body, coils, starter motor, alternator...and that was for a car driven daily by the wife that had always been serviced and loved ..

Hear great things about the new ones (92A), will definitely be on my buy list in a couple of years...

• 3 weeks later...

We've got a 2010 V8 S and love it. Wife's car really but I always enjoy it when I can lever the keys away. It is so good we cannot imagine not having one in the fleet. It has made our country life so much easier as it just transports us from place to place like the Tardus. Great thing. Averages 11.7 litres/100kms. Ours is on 21" wheels and has a huge option list thanks to the first owner, the best of which is Lane Change Assist according to Wendy. Servotronic steering wins my favour. One point to note, if you can find one with a long option list the price is usually close to a standard version. In our case the $50,000 of options made perhaps $10,000 difference to the price, which was 55c in the dollar versus new with 28,000 Kim's in four years.

Archived