941 hp TT 928

tazzieman

"Almost stock" ; lots of torques!  1/4 mile 10s ; 0-100 3s ;  0-160 5s

This still has a stock crankshaft (cross drilled and lightened), factory bore/stroke engine with stock rod and main bearings, and stock S3 camshafts (modified to work in S4 heads), stock exhaust manifolds converted to v-band outlets. The cylinder heads, valves, retainers, keepers, guides are all stock. Everything regarding the oiling system is %100 stock. Stock S4 automatic transmission and torque converter! 

Custom parts are pistons, rods, valve springs, OEM VW/Audi lifters, intake manifold, and of course twin turbo setup. It is currently running on pump E85 with no help from methanol. Water nozzles are used to spray the outside of the intercooler during wide open throttle.

give this to a 944 tuner. should be able to get 1100 hp from a 6L 32v engine ;)

What can your tuner do with only 5L , as with Todd's car?

You can get 1500hp from a 917 CanAm,  but it won't last very long which is why it ran 25% less in RL

Remember the equation? You can only ever have 2 out of the 3 "fast" ;  "cheap" ;  "reliable" parameters

Standing 1/4 in 10s , McLaren F1 and 918 = 9.8 , Veyron 9.9 ; 928 has faster trap speed than the latter two 

Tyre for 928 ~$300 Tyre for Bugatti ~ $11,500

What can your tuner do with only 5L , as with Todd's car?

You can get 1500hp from a 917 CanAm,  but it won't last very long which is why it ran 25% less in RL

Remember the equation? You can only ever have 2 out of the 3 "fast" ;  "cheap" ;  "reliable" parameters

Standing 1/4 in 10s , McLaren F1 and 918 = 9.8 , Veyron 9.9 ; 928 has faster trap speed than the latter two 

Tyre for 928 ~$300 Tyre for Bugatti ~ $11,500

6L !!!!

If you see the hybrid stokers getting build on rennlist.. over 500hp on a 3.1L on a 8v engine. 

With a good setup on a 968 block. new internals ect.. 9.5:1 CR on 98 pump. 18 psi had 518rwhp. Which was built to run ~23psi on e85. X2 of those blocks.. 

All in all. bloody impressive. is it todds car? i have no idea. I really need to get mine on a dyno. 

I'd love to see a 100-160 km/h time

I get it in 4.1 seconds. 

For "social reasons" , Porsche never properly explored the turbocharging potential of the 928 , though it is well known they had "plans", and dipped their toes in 928 racing.

The results would have been for the time , awesome. 

So partly the point of this thread is to suggest that if (when) they build the Panamera coupe (the "spiritual successor" to the 928) , the turbo V8 version will be... :) It will be an interesting comparison with the contemporary aircooled turbos.

The 928 was the top of the line Porsche back in the day. I wonder where the successor will be placed in the hierarchy?

Archived