87 Widebody in White in Sydney - looking for info

Hi,

I recently purchased an 87 wide body at a salvage auction in Sydney - nice car, but flood damaged. I'd like to track some some history on this car and if possible the previous owner.

There can't be many white wide body '87 targa's in Sydney - this one likely belonged to an enthusiast given its condition.

Any information on this car would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Al.

post-2074-0-94662900-1419972942_thumb.jp

I suspect it would have been insured by shannons or similar. Anywho, if you know who insured it you might have some joy by contacting them and discussing it with them. They obviously can't give you the info, but they can give the po yours because you've asked them to. Then, if they feel inclined, they can contact you.

I reckon there should be some means where, for a fee, you can do a history search. No names, just history, like bought new in Sydney in October 1997, rego transferred to SA in 2001, front end wrecked in 2006, etc. It could also include the option of forwarding your contact number on to all previous owners last known address. Just an idea.

Do you know where it came from?. Try local Porsche centre with the VIN. Anyway, good luck with the search.

I'm about to embark on a similar mission.

I have the original rego number from NSW and rego papers with 2 previous owners names and addresses here in SA.

I want to knock on a door and here somebody say.

"Oh yes, I have all the books, service history and tool kit for that car"

It's a long shot, but stranger things have happened.

Good Luck.

Sorry if you're already aware but If you're looking for basic information like if the car is matching numbers, delivery origin, original colour, options etc you can email Porsche directly and they'll get back to you with what they have. For free too I might add.

It won't help with the fine detail but it's something.

Sorry if you're already aware but If you're looking for basic information like if the car is matching numbers, delivery origin, original colour, options etc you can email Porsche directly and they'll get back to you with what they have. For free too I might add.

It won't help with the fine detail but it's something.

I was thinking about doing that for mine. I know it's originally a LHD German delivered, but would be good to have all that other info.

Archived