Advice wanted

Guest Dubbya

Guest Dubbya

How Much is it? and is it a factory conversion? I wouldn't buy it if it's not Factory. Infact all early porsches were LHD and converted in the Porsche Factory for overseas buyers.

Regards Keith

Hi Keith

Its a 1972 911E. I don't know if its a factory conv. How can you tell?

Richard

More early and current Porsches are LHD than RHD, so having been a LHD is not necessarily a problem. The standard of the engineering in doing the conversion(and who did it) is the important question. I have a LHD conversion 1970 911, converted by a Porsche Dealer and you cannot pick it from one delivered from the factory as RHD. See if you can find out who engineered the conversion(eg, engineers report for registration authority) or subject it to an engineer's inspection or Porsche workshop inspection before buying it. Also, is it registered now? Where was it imported from and when? What service records are available to show its history. Early Porsches in good condition are great cars, but don't buy a money pit, they are expensive to fix, body is more important than mechanicals when it comes to refurbishment costs. Consult the Australian TYP901 Register forum, just google it.

Cheers

Paul M.

Hi Richard

Is it the white one that was Fench delivered? Red interior?

If so I believe it was pretty well done but I have no first hand knowledge of the car.

Please join the TYP901 Register - www.typ901.org

Cheers

Cam

• 1 year later...

Archived