Advice on car fridge

Yes, they work great. I'm assuming you're talking about one of the back seat ones rather than the camping style.

I have used them for road trips so you can pack fresh food and keep it by taking into accommodation overnight and plug it in. I have a good quality German made one, but someone borrowed it and returned it without the plug.

Some of them heat as well as cool, so you can get the takeaway home without it cooling down.

I would advise picking one that is optimised for what you want to carry (ie milk, butter, sandwich fillings) as opposed to some which are optimised for drink bottles. If your r-class has a 12v jack in the boot you'll be golden, otherwise get an extension cord and run it through from the cabin.

We bought a Waeco for our trip to Tassie last year.  It worked really good, keeping the food and drinks at just a good temperature.  It's the TC-21FL thermoelectric model.  Cools to 30 degrees below ambient,  but when it really only cools down to max 4 or 5 degrees.  It fits perfectly on the folded down back seat.  And it's very quiet.  BCF had them on special when we got it.

Archived