Recaro Speed reclining seats

Harvs11

Has anyone out there fitted Recaro Speed seats to their 911?

I'm trying to decide what to buy as replacements for the original seats in my 1980 911SC. If possible I would like to try a Recaro seat installed in a 911 to get a feel for the comfort and position.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harv.

Thanks for the offer Kerry, I may just come over and try yours on for size. Got a few busy weekends coming up, I will pm you and arrange a date.

I went to the place you suggested, very helpful guys. Just that the prices are hard to swallow when I can import the exact same seats from the UK for about half the price incl. shipping. The only thing I am not sure of is the legality of a personal import seat for road use. Vicroads are a bit vague on this issue.

Regards,

Harv.

Thanks for the offer Kerry, I may just come over and try yours on for size. Got a few busy weekends coming up, I will pm you and arrange a date.

I went to the place you suggested, very helpful guys. Just that the prices are hard to swallow when I can import the exact same seats from the UK for about half the price incl. shipping. The only thing I am not sure of is the legality of a personal import seat for road use. Vicroads are a bit vague on this issue.

Regards,

Harv.

Harv,

Sorry, me again. Can I ask ball park what a Recaro like these cost? My drivers seat either needs repadding, or replacing, and I was quoted about $750 for an original from a spares place.

Just interested, as I am going to have to do soemthing soon....

cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

I've been quoted $1499 for the Recaro Pole Positon ABE fixed back seat (not incl. brackets and sliders) in Melbourne, same seat between $690-$750 plus $120 delivery from the UK, Also found the Recaro Speed reclining bucket seat for about $550 plus shipping also from the UK. I haven't got a local price for this one, I would expect it to also be double the UK price.

Was that $750 for an original SC seat? Personally, I'd rather spend the money on a better sport seat. Seats in my SC are in good condition, just a bit flat and shiny to offer any side ways support. Makes any twisty stuff very uncomfortable. They will go into storage when I get new ones.

Hope this helps

Harv.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

I've been quoted $1499 for the Recaro Pole Positon ABE fixed back seat (not incl. brackets and sliders) in Melbourne, same seat between $690-$750 plus $120 delivery from the UK, Also found the Recaro Speed reclining bucket seat for about $550 plus shipping also from the UK. I haven't got a local price for this one, I would expect it to also be double the UK price.

Was that $750 for an original SC seat? Personally, I'd rather spend the money on a better sport seat. Seats in my SC are in good condition, just a bit flat and shiny to offer any side ways support. Makes any twisty stuff very uncomfortable. They will go into storage when I get new ones.

Hope this helps

Harv.

Harv,

thanks for that. The price I was quoted was an indication from a porsche wrecker for a 911 seat (to be honest didnt clarify exact model or covering).

I agree about the originals, my driver seat is flat on the right hand side, and as you say offers no support, and I am starting to think recaro or some such as well.

I am surpised at the prices out of the UK; they seem cheap. Have you looked in the U.S.? someone like Sierra Madre may have something.

cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

Hope this helps

Harv.

Hi Harv,

Be interested to hear what you end up doing. BTW were you at the island on Sunday? if so, i think we may have had a chat....nice SC if thats yours.

I am going to get another squab for my seat and use my current cover for the moment, and then look for a good seat.

cheers

Peter :)

Hi Harv,

Be interested to hear what you end up doing. BTW were you at the island on Sunday? if so, i think we may have had a chat....nice SC if thats yours.

I am going to get another squab for my seat and use my current cover for the moment, and then look for a good seat.

cheers

Peter :)

Hi Peter,

Yes, I was at the island. First time out with PCV. I chatted with a lot of people thru the day and I am sorry that I don't remember which of the many new faces was you. :unsure: I had a great day despite the wet drive down there. The parade lap was a real tempter for having a go in entre' class. I'll need to get my self and my car prepped for that.

Harv.

Archived