New Detailing Kit

eoghanroe

So, now that I have a car I care about again I want to put together a nice little detailing kit. It's been about 4 years since I purchased new cleaning products and I know the game has changed a lot since then.

In the past I was a big fan of the Chemical Guys stuff. It was easy to use, did a good job, didn't cost too much and smelt nice.

I'd be looking for the following:

• Polish
  • Wax/sealant
  • Leather cleanse/protect
  • Plastic dressing
  • Something good for glass
  • Quick detailer
  • Nice little bag for it all

I'll be applying everything by hand and it's a silver car if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have any kids yet... Well that I know about.

Started to put a list together going with my tried and trusted Chemical Guys. I got a bit carried away. In no particular order:

• Inner Clean Interior Cleaner And Detailer
  • Black Light Radiant Finish
  • Slick Synthetic - Acrylic Polymer Detailer (Anti-Static)
  • Pro-Applicator Durafoam Die Cut 10 Cm
  • Glass Workz Optical Clarity Glass Cleaner
  • Blue Guard II - Wet Look Premium Dressing
  • Vintage Series Leather Serum - Natural Look Conditioner & Protective Coating
  • Extreme Depth Liquid Carnauba Creme Wax + X-Seal
  • Contoured Large Tire Dressing Durafoam Applicators
  • Elite Ultra-Plush Super Premium Microfibre Micro-Banded 8.75mm Thick  (3 Pack)
  • Detailing Brush Set Ultimate Vent, Dash Clean Kit Crevice Detailer (3 Brush Set)
  • 3m Masking Tape 24mm
  • Car Care Products Detailing Bag

I'm pleasantly surprised at the cost of products here. Back home they're about 50% more expensive.

I've always bought my detailing kit from waxit.com.au - http://www.waxit.com.au/

Very knowledgable and good prices. They are great to talk with about your paint, the condition, etc and provide recommendations. 

I use Poorboy's (light and medium) polish on my 964, P21S Carnaurba Wax to finish.

I've read good things about Final Inspection and their work speaks for itself. Ideally I'd like to have the car professional detailed and then maintain it myself. Don't really have time to be spending days with a DA at the mo. 

Archived