FUCHS WANTED FOR 89 WIDE BODY 911

PORSCHE VIRGIN

Hi all, after having just taken delivery of my 89 Wide Body Carrera I want to consider placing a set of original FUCH rims on the car to make it look factory. Is anyone aware of the exact size of the original FUCH rims for a wide body? (please excuse my ignorance I am new to this caper)

Also, what would I expect to pay for a set in good condition that do not require any form of reconditioning??

If the cost for a set is prohibitive (and I have been told it is hard to find good tires for these rims sizes) then maybe I should consider a set of replicas in a larger diameter rim size that will enable more tyre choice??

If this is the case what is a good manafacturer of FUCH replicas??

Any assistance in relation to the above would be greatly appreciated. My handle tells you about the knowledge I have on these cars so I really appreciate the assistance of you guys and gals.

Cheers

ROB

Hey there mate,

I thought I might add some my thoughts as I am going through the same process. From what I have been able to find out, most (I could be wrong) of Aus delivered 930's came with 8 inch rear fuch's. In order to get 9 inch rears, you will have to find a set from an import. This so far has been very difficult for me to find. The last set I heard of were for sale at $4000 and they needed a good refurb. Big bucks! I have since decided to purchase some copies (which can be sourced from pelican parts) but the problem is that they are on back order for at least another month. You can however purchase some 17 inch wheels.

For further reference, Stuckeys in Brunswick have been able to source 265 wide tyres for the 16 inch version which I believe will look tough.

Jim

Hey there mate,

I thought I might add some my thoughts as I am going through the same process. From what I have been able to find out, most (I could be wrong) of Aus delivered 930's came with 8 inch rear fuch's. In order to get 9 inch rears, you will have to find a set from an import. This so far has been very difficult for me to find. The last set I heard of were for sale at $4000 and they needed a good refurb. Big bucks! I have since decided to purchase some copies (which can be sourced from pelican parts) but the problem is that they are on back order for at least another month. You can however purchase some 17 inch wheels.

For further reference, Stuckeys in Brunswick have been able to source 265 wide tyres for the 16 inch version which I believe will look tough.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I appreciate your advice!!

Cheers

ROB

I am also looking for Fuchs wheels. I understand Fuchs wheels are available from Porsche in the 'Porsche classic original parts' catalogue, though I am not sure how true to the originals they are? Does anyone know more?

I enquired to ROTA Wheels and received the following reply.

Hi Rob,

Yes we do have rims that will fit a wide body.

PSD 17" 7.5" 5x130mm ET40 Black w’polished lip

PSD 17" 9" 5x130mm ET16 Black w’polished lip

These are $1400 a set delivered

Regards

Sam

CARTEL-Online | ROTA Australia | HEL Car Kits Australia

The photo attached of the rim looked very good. Does anyone have any knowledge of these rims and their quality??

I have read a thread somewhere that was debating whether these were a good rim or not. Or would you be better off buying a Harry Witham set?? If so, what are the advantages of a Harry Witham set over a ROTA set of rims??

The tyres on my current rims which are virtually brand new are 255/40/R17 & 215/45/R17

would these tyres fit the Rota rims above?? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

ROB

Guest vas930

Give the Porsche centre a call, I know they have 7x16in listed so its worth a try. Not cheap, around $1400 each. I think its worth it, you cant beat the originals. :)

Hi all, after having just taken delivery of my 89 Wide Body Carrera I want to consider placing a set of original FUCH rims on the car to make it look factory. Is anyone aware of the exact size of the original FUCH rims for a wide body? (please excuse my ignorance I am new to this caper)

Also, what would I expect to pay for a set in good condition that do not require any form of reconditioning??

If the cost for a set is prohibitive (and I have been told it is hard to find good tires for these rims sizes) then maybe I should consider a set of replicas in a larger diameter rim size that will enable more tyre choice??

If this is the case what is a good manafacturer of FUCH replicas??

Any assistance in relation to the above would be greatly appreciated. My handle tells you about the knowledge I have on these cars so I really hers

ROB

Hi Rob,

After purchasing my 930, I was advised that the vehicle has a 9x16 and 8x16 on the rear - which I couldn't pick up.

I also thought about replicas or a 964 style alloy, but recently decided keep the original look and will wait until a the genuine product comes up or sale.

Try the attached links.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store/cart.php

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=detail_img_large&IMG=16841

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/genuineparts/neweditions/

Archived