997 2010 oil use

911 575F1

Hi, I'm new to the forum, this is my fourth Porsche and so far fantastic. Its a 997, 2nd gen, Carrera 4, my question is on oil use. I am consistently using about a litre of oil every 1500, 2000 miles, regardless of city or highway use. Does that sound normal? The car is new and I'm up to 9000 k's in a short while and I'm not seeing much change in the oil consumption.

Hi, I'm new to the forum, this is my fourth Porsche and so far fantastic. Its a 997, 2nd gen, Carrera 4, my question is on oil use. I am consistently using about a litre of oil every 1500, 2000 miles, regardless of city or highway use. Does that sound normal? The car is new and I'm up to 9000 k's in a short while and I'm not seeing much change in the oil consumption.

My 2010 911 c4 now has 3395klms on it & is using about 400 mls each 1000klms. I have done a bit of research & it appears to be because of the high compression. Seems that general consensus is it levels out at about 8-10,000klms. There is a fair bit on the U S Rentech forum if your interested. My previous 996 used about a half litre at a track day so I'm not concerned about jthe 997.

My 2010 911 c4 now has 3395klms on it & is using about 400 mls each 1000klms. I have done a bit of research & it appears to be because of the high compression. Seems that general consensus is it levels out at about 8-10,000klms. There is a fair bit on the U S Rentech forum if your interested. My previous 996 used about a half litre at a track day so I'm not concerned about jthe 997.

Thanks, your info & pretty much everything else I found says the car will use oil at about a litre per 1000k, give or take. That's fine as long as it's normal. I'll see what it does when I get over 10k.

not sure about 997's but porsche always said that 1 litre per 1000k's was acceptable(i never really agreed with that :rolleyes: )

info should be in your owners manual

Thanks, your 1 litre per 1000k seems to be the consensus.

• 1 month later...

Oil use has settled with some KM's on the car. It was serviced at 11000 km and just completed 13500 km, all city with a just a few long trips so plenty of cold short trips and hard accelerating use, the car used a litre of oil for those 2400 km's vs never having done more than 1500km per litre previously.

• 2 months later...

Archived