Newbie with a 924

a239947

Hi everyone,

Im new to the forum and thought I'd say hi. I just picked up an 81 924 and am looking forward to learning a lot from a local forum. Have found a wealth of info from overseas forums but doing things locally seems a lot more difficult. Especially finding parts where shipping wont send me broke.

The car is in pretty good nic. It has a few small issues as most cars this age do. Its a bit rough and sluggish when cold so i think it may have an issue with the fuel dizzy or fuel pump, haven't narrowed it down yet. It also has an electrical leak somwhere but i cant see where the smoke is getting out so im not sure where to even start. But otherwise the car runs well and is good fun.

On a side note, if anyone is willing to part with a 944 disc brake setup i would be very interested. The Beetle brakes on this thing could do with some improvement.

Cheers

Dylan

..... It also has an electrical leak somwhere but i cant see where the smoke is getting out ..

Hi Dylan and welcome aboard. Good to see another water cooled front engined car here.

If you have an electrical problem, that makes smoke, you can never get that smoke back in lol

My advice is to get the car mechanically sorted before you even think about making any modifications but once that is sorted then improving the braking is always a great first move.

Archived