Below minimum oil

thumperson

My baby got towed this morning. Big angry flashing red do not drive pull over immediately warning! Arrrrrgh. I checked the oil level yesterday and all good. No suspicious puddles in the garage so hopefully a dodgy sensor has failed conservatively. Never been towed before and this was not the car I expected to be towed in. The M6, on the other hand, I do expect to give me an issue. 

My 987CS used to give oil readings all over the place. I could go out to the car cold in the garage, turn the key to check the oil, then turn it off and do it again, then off and check again, and it would give me 3 different levels!?! 

Nothing beats the old dipstick!

Back it in it, I reckon you are on the money.    It will be one of those pesky sensors....

Keep us up to date if you can...

Good luck with it...

will do Niko. Car had a sleepover at dealership for more testing. It played up for them too which is always useful. The car is under warranty so no worries there. 

Mine weird thing was using Porsche roadside assistance, you are covered for a hire car with hertz buy you only get a Camry or equivalent. 

Car has been at dealers now for four days. The dealer dropped the oil and found it to be 0.9lt over filled. I have never put oil in it so must have been at last service (same dealer). Is that much excess oil a problem? I had a track day just after the service and noticed the oil pressure being high at high RPM so backed off a bit (that is my excuse also could have caused my spin come to think of it ?). 

Car is back. Dodgy oil level sensor. One upside of not having Loki for the week was getting to know (and fall in love) with the car again. So much fun. 

I think being overfilled is not a good idea.  

Maybe someone with more knowledge on oil matters could come up and let us know.

I think I read in my owners manual that it should definitely not be over filled.

Glad it's all up and running again and your enjoying it also.

Thanks for getting back to us all on it.

Archived