new to Boxsters & need to do the brakes

BoxsterS

Hi all

I have just bought a 2001 Boxster S manual and the brake wear light is on...and ABS light

The pads look low and the front rotors look like they may need replacing...car is at 140,000 kms

I have looked at the links for suppliers and am now more confused...

I will just be street driving so no track work....can anyone recommend what brand pads and rotors?

can anyone also recommend where to buy them ? america? UK? here?

mintex? texta? for pads?....oem or zimmerman for rotors?

appreciate the advice

PS I'm on the Mornington Peninsula,Vic

Postage from the usa is the killer... and the conversion rate. If you don't need rear rotors, the postage drops down to $240!!

Subtotal:

$618.00

transparent.gifForgotSomething_EN.gif
Estimate ShippingSuperCart-ShippingPopUpImage.cgi?command

i am also in need for brakes on my 987 and checked pelican parts

total for all parts front and rear was $647 US and shipping was another $406 US

so total  $1053 us

converted to aus is $1384 then i would say add gst and duties as its over the $1k mark

porsche doncaster wanted $3k to do it all, weltmeister were roughly $2400

I'm happy to do the brakes myself as that's not a hard job & I have a mate to help...

I haven't checked the rotor thickness yet but there is a bit of a lip on front calipers...backs look ok

I may only need front rotors/pads for now...and then there is the abs light? thinking the abs sensors...well...hoping a clean may do it...

The pad wear warning light is on so I really want to fix this asap so i can go and enjoy the beast...

Thanks for the advice

Cheers

Is it considered wrong to buy rotors from a normal shop like ABS?

It's a very easy job to do...

Just rang ABS and front rotors/pads/wear indicators supplied and fitted approx $800

I'm happy to do the brakes myself as that's not a hard job & I have a mate to help...

I haven't checked the rotor thickness yet but there is a bit of a lip on front calipers...backs look ok

I may only need front rotors/pads for now...and then there is the abs light? thinking the abs sensors...well...hoping a clean may do it...

The pad wear warning light is on so I really want to fix this asap so i can go and enjoy the beast...

Thanks for the advice

Cheers

Just rang ABS and front rotors/pads/wear indicators supplied and fitted approx $800

well...ABS wasn't too bad on price...just checked on https://www.fcpeuro.com/cart    and it's $671 aust dollars all up for front brakes...all the bits...delivered

for $130 extra I can get them locally and fitted!!

It may well go to ABS mornington...been there before and they are good...only thing is the pads/rotors i get??

I just did my 987 Cayman S front & rear rotors and pads myself - call James from Autohaus - he'll give you the best price and service/delivery mine were around $1200 delivered from memory.

Heard back from James but it was too late as I had ordered already..

He was very competitive and I will be using him in future..

if US sellers offered surface mail instead of UPS then parts would be a lot cheaper to source..

I needed a set of standard wheel nuts in a hurry (overnight) and that set me back $280...half that from o/s if you can wait 2 weeks

now if i can only get the left hand front wheel off my brakes would be done!!!...aaarrggh

I just did my 987 Cayman S front & rear rotors and pads myself - call James from Autohaus - he'll give you the best price and service/delivery mine were around $1200 delivered from memory.

think i will be contacting James very shortly.

Happy to do the work myself, $1200 is much better then $3k that porsche wanted to do them

Archived