76 Sporto - rough idea of value

Collective, I'm after some advice on a value. A friend of mine has a 76 Sporto, owned it for donkey's years but hasn't used it for ages (other than moving it between garage units) so he's considering selling it on. I'm not clear on the km's and I only have one photo which is useless, as it's from a distance but what I do know is as follows

Arrow blue, was completely repainted (windows out) a few years ago and it's pristine. Sunroof and no whale tail.

Tan leather interior, to my knowledge it's original but from memory it's immaculate

Fuchs, he has 2 sets, the originals and a wider set.

Engine was rebuilt by George Cairns a few years ago and has probably only covered 1-2000km. I know it has some oil leaks straight from the rebuild and the owner's not happy about that. Having said that he's not the kind of guy to kick up a fuss and much to ours and his wife's frustration he hasn't done anything about it, so I would expect it'll need some gaskets changing. Other than that it's ready to be used and I know whenever the owner does go to it, it starts straight off and drives perfectly, it's always been registered.

I know how much money he's poured into its restoration and it's bonkers, the repaint alone was more than I paid for my Targa....

Difficult without photos I know, but anyone have a clue as to value? I've suggested he takes it into NineAuto and has the oil leaks sorted, but I think he's afraid if he does that it'll still just sit in his unit and not get used.

sounds like a 60-70k car.

To pay to fix those leaks won't be cheap... especially if the case wasn't sealed properly = full rebuild...

Arrow blue is a great colour though. Possibly one of the favorites of a lot of people.

Thanks for the messages and to Michel for the call. Having talked to my mate at the Shannon's auction last night and discovered a bit more about the car from him, I think he's going to get the oil leaks sorted first.

It's actually a 77, not 76 and even he can't recall how many k's it's done. I'll have to go out to where it's kept and have a better look.

Archived