Brake Rotors

jimig

Hi,  I have a 1985 911 and the rear rotors are totally stuffed and need to be replaced.  I have been looking around for a new set and found them in all different types and prices.  Porsche quoted me $330 each for standard ones, yet I have found drilled and slotted zimmermann for around $255 a pair.  Can anyone offer an opinion in which way is better to go.  

Thanks,

jim

I paid around $160-$180 each i think for rear disks on my old 3.2, if your just street driving don't bother with slotted or drilled

Call James at Autohaus Hamilton in Sydney  

Thanks for your response James.

The rotors you bought, were they Porsche or aftermarket?  I have seen them at those prices but was wondering if they are an inferior product.  The car is only driven on the street. 

Hi,  I have a 1985 911 and the rear rotors are totally stuffed and need to be replaced.  I have been looking around for a new set and found them in all different types and prices.  Porsche quoted me $330 each for standard ones, yet I have found drilled and slotted zimmermann for around $255 a pair.  Can anyone offer an opinion in which way is better to go.  

Thanks,

jim

Hi Jim, where did you see Zimmerman rotors for sale? I'd like to get a set of drilled for my 964.

I found them on e bay.  If you want some I suggest giving James at Autohaus Hamilton Sydney a call.  He was very helpfull. 

Thanks mate, will do. 

Archived