Carpet

Merv

My B T6 has its original carpets in square-weave "Oatmeal".  The carpet is old but clean and quite serviceable.  I do not want to 'restore' the car.  However, the two side panels near the door entry points are threadbare and if I could just buy those pieces, I would be interested.  Are there places where sections can be purchased?  Or do you buy some carpet and have it trimmed to suit?

You will need to buy carpet and have it made up and fitted individually to your car. Garry Blackman ( motor trimmer in Richmond, Melbourne ) is contiually retrimming 356s and can supply correct factory oatmeal box weave carpet. You actually need a few metres ( he will know ) since each side must travel full length of thresthold and finish around base of rear squabs..

I have written to Garry, but no reply as yet.  I did find that Prostitch http://www.prostitch.com.au in Sydney has the correct German carpet and colour.  They are sending a sample to check the match. I have dealt with them before and they normally have the authentic materials.  When I pulled all my original carpets out for cleaning, I seem to recall that mine do not wrap around and under the rear squabs? They extended from the corner in the rear to the front kick board section.

Thanks Rafik.  I have a sample of the correct weave Oatmeal from Prostitch and will see how that matches.  If all good then I will have it trimmed locally using the original as a base.

Archived