boxster 987 hard top

Eddy

Eddy I got one from Mat at Weltmeister, not long after I originally got my Boxster.

He didn't have one in the shop, but by the time I had spoken to him about possibly wanting one, he rang me before I got home and said he could get me one.

He might be able to assist in a good second hand one which is what I got, and then I had it painted to suit the car.

987 might be a bit harder to get, but he's worth a try.

You see I think this looks pretty good (I know many won't).  I like it more than the standard hardtop.  You're right though -it's the best part of 10 grand AND it is shipped from China, not that there is anything wrong with that but you would have to do your homework to ensure that it is a quality item that doesn't rattle & pop etc.  I suppose you would be able to make contact with some user/ owners in the States who own them.

Might also pay to look at if you can purchase direct.  I just saved nearly $1700aud buying a bike direct that would have been a special order to be shipped here & would have been nearly $4500.  Took a lot of research, ringing around & net searching but it equals dollars in my pocket.

Might even be cheaper to fly there yourself, order it & arrange shipping etc.  I've been surprised how much you can save going down this path.  Time consuming though.

Archived