I want an effing jack plug!

My cheapo heavy duty jack is no longer sealing very well at the filler hole. I replaced the oil a few months ago (as one should) and the plug  may have been damaged on the edge of the hole. It's a tight fit , as it should be.

Various local bolt & auto supplysupply businesses just look at me like guppy fish at feeding time. And yes , they did ring the jack supplier. Another guppy.

Are these jacks serviceable , or is it another example of build in obsolescence and Aussie iron ore being recycled into rust?

I will probably have to tap the hole and bolt it up with an O ring. And no doubt ring around all the "hydraulic shops,  mate" to get the usual ring around as per the above.

Do you have a pirtek down there? You might be able to get a ryco plug with an o ring face and seal it with that. Just need to measure the thread. I suspect it's small, like 1/4 BSP or something.

Gents , thanks. There is no tapped hole ; I would have to do that myself and not get any swarf inside.

Teflon would help if there was a thread. The plug is a damn tight fit; I push-twisted really hard using a piece of dowel.

Alternative ghetto fix is duct tape but yes,  there is pressure inside I don't want to let out.

I will go online and have to wait for delivery of the 2c item .

Archived