Boxxta ?

Macca

Just thought I would share;

Last Saturday morning in gloomy Melbourne (Princes Hwy) whilst chauffeuring lady boss from her haircut she commented when she saw in her mirror "oh there's your car" I explained that its a two seater version of mine (996) and she was complimenting on how nice it looked. I have previously explained to her that I believe porsche owners are a little different to others, (without disrespect to other car enthusiasts) - IMO porsche owners love to drive and 80% of the time will give an acknowledgement to another Porsche owner whether it be 991 GT3 giving me a toot when overtaking on Monash or a 928 blipping a quick flash on the other side of the road. Anyway - the 986 (cobalt blue?) was behind me then in front of me as we casually merged through traffic and cruised along next to each other when the road was ours. At the next lights a pleasant wave and and thumbs up exchanged, lady boss said "you guys are unbelievable with your cars". it was nice to see her experience that. :) 

So a quick hello from a silver 996 to the 986 that has plates boxxta or similar -and if you heard some juvenile screaming when we were at the lights -apologies; that was my 5yr old wanting us to race :) 

So didya?

Ladyboss disapproves of such shenanigans. If she wasn't there - on like donkey kong. :D  What level headed father denies his sons happiness....and safety (lol) 

Must be a melbourne thing. Cant get a wave or anything from Canberra Porsches.

Or Sydney ones. I will not give up!. 

Saw a couple in their late 70's in a Panamera Turbo. They waved, which was cool. Maybe it's an age thing in Sydney.

Or Sydney ones. I will not give up!. 

Saw a couple in their late 70's in a Panamera Turbo. They waved, which was cool. Maybe it's an age thing in Sydney.

I tried not giving up. Still wave on occasion.

I saw some of them on the week end when we went driving ;) 

Ah yeah you drove back with Mick I was talking to him yesterday. I was meant to go, S2 is in storage so I was going to ride my KTM until I saw how wet the road was in the morning. Catch you on the next one though. 

Archived