Wheel Spacers

Has anyone had dealings with wheel spacers. The original wheels on my 944 have an offset of 23mm.

I have a set of 10 spoke Boxster wheel that have offsets of 50mm for the fronts & 55mm for the rear. Now to get the correct wheel spacers is it just a case of some maths.

Front Wheels have an offset of ET50mm - 23 = 27mm, so I need a 27mm spacer to get the new front wheels to sit correct.

Rear Wheels have an offset of ET 55mm - 23 = 32mm, so I need a 32mm spacer to get the new rear wheels to sit correct  

I looks like people are happy to sell you spacers but no one will help you work out what you need. 

They're called "bolt on spacers" which i what i have. 90% of the time they're hub centric. My front ones were not. But we machined up a ring for it to solve it. 

The wheel sits on the hub, not the studs. So the spacer will sit on the hub and wheel will sit on the hub ring on the spacer. :) 

They're called "bolt on spacers" which i what i have. 90% of the time they're hub centric. My front ones were not. But we machined up a ring for it to solve it. 

The wheel sits on the hub, not the studs. So the spacer will sit on the hub and wheel will sit on the hub ring on the spacer. :) 

Can you tell me what wheel offset you run, & what size spacers you run.

I used the web link, & looks like the maths works for the fronts, but with the backs, it does not seem to work as well as I thought.    

IMG_0889_zpsokx8xo5m.jpg

This is the rear with 4 x 5mm spacers together, I think I could get away with another 10mm.

F - 18 x 8 +50   R - 18 x 10 +60

I have 32mm spacers rear. fit fine. Front spacers are around 20mm. (cannot remember) 
You don't work the spacer size by the offset. You need to account the wheel widths also. 

The offset is how much the back of the wheel where the hub bolts too. So if it's ET 0 means the end of the hub will be in the centre of the wheel. so if it's +20mm means the hub will be +20mm further past the centre of the wheel. 

This might explain it better
http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/tyre-wheel-calculators/wheel-offset-backspace-calculator

For a guide how much you should go, in the first site i gave you. Use 18x10 with 30 offset and 265 40 r18. That's what i have and it's fits nice. Tyres are slightly stretched but can and will be going to at least 275 or 285. 
Note: I also run 265 40 r18 tyres at the front on the 8" wheels.

Front is the same (square) 

IMG_4671.jpg

Archived