Paint and body shops in Melbourne

Hi all. Im new to this so be gentle please.

My house just got burgled and the jackpot was when they did some handy work to most panels on my 1980 930 (scratched).

Im on the look for a good shop in Melb to get it repaired.. Im insured with AAMI and have heard they can be hard to get along with in regrads to the client (me) choosing the repairer!!

I hear Paint and custon are great but would love to hear of any hidden gems out their.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum Trav.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your 930.

I know the guys at Paint & Custom quite well.

Loui and the boys do some great work and if I'm not mistaken took a concourse award for a beautifully restored 356 recently.

They have repaired a number of cars for me and my family over the last few years. Subies, Mazdas and Mercs......but no Porsches yet (Probably because I'm still looking for the right 993 to come along).

I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had a 911 shell down to the metal being prepared for the full treatment.

Speak to John or Dina at P&C regarding the claim and they'll probably tell you that you're pretty much stuck with AAMI selecting the repairer. AAMI prefer to have you take your beloved 930 to their assessment centre where panel beaters walk around with clipboards quoting cars. Now if you were AAMI, who would you get to do the work? The most expensive quote right?

My wife's CX-9 is insured with a company that gives me a choice of repairer. I would have saved $250 on the premium if I went with AAMI.

Now once you get the repair sorted ring Shannons or Lumleys and switch to a company that better understands what a 930 is all about.

Good luck with everything.

Archived