1974 Carrera 2.7 MFI

And it's not my home .... sigh ...

Congrats - trust a happy seller and buyer.

Thanks. Yes, both very happy with the outcome.  Thanks to all who PM'd.

I was going to take it to the Cars and Coffee event on Sunday but did the deal Saturday night so thought I wouldn't tempt fate.

But, Murphy's law and all that ... Go to start the thing to take it to the purchaser and the farkin thing wouldn't crank.  Power pack.  Grrrr. Grrrr . Grrrrrrrrrrrr nothin.  Shite. Jump' start off another car.  Same shite. 

Lucky I had someone with me.  The buyer .... ?

So, we push it into the street for the jump start.  

Picture this ... We're both in suits and work shoes.

So, get some pace up (he's in the drivers seat - the least I could do) and "pop it!!!"  Pffttt.  #$@$%. And again - heart seeking to exit from chest with the effort -  "and again!!!"  Fark all!!!!!  @#$R%^%$#%$  smell fuel ... Please don't let it be flooded.  

Need to spew but not a good look to projectile all over the ducktail with the new owner looking on.

Really glad it has those high comp Pistons ... NOT!  Two blokes from a factory take pity and help me one last time.  Pffftttt. Splutter, cmon baby, do it for daddy. FAAARRRKKK!! 

Thats it. I'm spent. Heaving, sweet pouring from pores I didn't know existed and only able to thank the two helpers using jerky arm movements and mouthing the word whilst trying to suck in more air that a 747 on full throttle.

The buyer?  Taking it well. Pissing himself laughing .. Me, not so much as the money hadn't hit the account!  

He gets on the phone and orders a flat bed.  I'm not quite distraught but not far off. 

Fast forward to later in the day ... I'm at work hoping it was just a dud battery but have located a starter motor and my guy to go and fit it before the sun goes down. 

I get the call from the buyer.  'Mate, no stress, it was just a dirty contact, she fired first time once I got the posts cleaned". 

@##@#*&^%$#%!!!!!

Archived