986 Boxster locked out

Davion

Hi guys,

I need help! So I'm locked out of my Boxster :(

- went away for a week and remote fob doesn't work as expected.

- however, putting the key manually in doesn't work as well:( the key turns freely inside.

I had the lock replaced recently and I suspect the repairers didn't test to see if it actually works before returning to me.

I've read about unlocking the frunk using the special cable which will trigger the alarm which should activate it but guess where the tool kit is:(

Repairers are not being helpful apart from saying to tow it back but you still need to unlock the car first. Is there any way of unlocking the car via remote fob so I can drive the car back to the repairers?

Supposedly you can wind down the window by holding the key to the left. Does that work?

Nope. The key doesn't work when inserted into the key hole :( Turn left/right nothing. Plus I guess the door would unlock if the windows could be wound down. 

If you leave the car locked for more than a week, the security system goes into a sleep mode to save battery drain.  Pressing the key fob won't wake it up.  Instead, you have to insert the key into the lock, turn and hold it anticlockwise for around 15 seconds, then release.  Then the key fob button will open the car.  This procedure is explained in your owners manual.  Having said that, it sounds like you have a flat battery too, so you'll have to break into the bonnet as described above.

Good luck!

Archived